There's always that lag time between the first episode of a Big Brother season and when the live feeds officially start. The houseguests actually entered the house a week before we saw it, so by the time the feeds started late Thursday night/early Friday morning, there's already been a lot said and done. It's always a matter of playing catchup to find out who the alliances are and who the people are who are already messing up their game just one week in. Jodi never had a chance, being eliminated at the end of the Thursday's episode.
When the feeds start, Willie has already made his nominations. He has put Kara and Frank on the block. For those who are trying to keep score, that means one of Dan's team, and one of Boogie's. If Kara goes home, that means Dan only has one person left. For a competitive standpoint, that's a good move.
They have also had a Have Not competition, and Ashley and Daniele are on the losing side of that one. Ashley is more than just a Have Not. She's in severe pain after the comp and is on pain meds. She also complains to Willie that the other girls don't want to have anything to do with her, and she feels like she's in middle school again. Later, she needs to be carried down the stairs by Willie and Danielle. The suggestion is that she took too many pain meds. Friday morning she gets to see a doctor and comes back into the game, yet is clearly still in pain.
There was also a competition between the mentors, and Boogie won. Janelle admits to feeling badly about beating Dan.
Boogie is already trying to make deals with HoH Willie. Britney sees him for who he is and is worried that Willie is becoming too tight with him. She thinks Boogie has already brainwashed Frank and thinks he needs to be voted out, but Willie wants to keep him, thinking Frank doesn't have anyone else and needs him. Britney admits at this point that she and Janelle are working together, and eliminating someone from Boogie's team would give them an advantage. Later, Willie tells Frank he can work with him, but he knows he can't work with Kara. They also figure Dan and Boogie are working together, and Janelle refers to them as Chill Town 2.0.
Along with Willie, Kara, and Frank, the other players in the Power of Veto competition are Wil, Danielle, and Shane. JoJo was picked to host. The comp has something do with coins. Shane wins the comp, and being that he's on Britney's team, it doesn't seem like he will be using the veto. Daniele, on Dan's team, was trying to help Frank win, so Britney and Janelle's people think she's dumb.
Within just twenty-four hours, it's clear where the division is. It's between the female mentors and their teams and the male mentors and their teams. This also means it's against two females who made it very far their seasons and didn't win and their teams, and two males who both won the game in their seasons and their teams. Willie seems to be playing by the rules that Britney has set up for him, but it will be interesting to see if everyone always follows their mentors, or if they eventually will start going their own way.
Looking ahead to this summer's Olympics in London, the Ghost Adventures crew is spending some time in London at a few of their haunting locations. Tonight they're at the Hellfire Caves. Catch up on your favorite shows you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live! With Kelly. Seth Meyers is the guest cohost, and Ray Romano, Kristen Johnston, and Lawrence Zarian are the guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Pineapple Express. I don't think I've seen Seth Rogen in a movie that I didn't thoroughly enjoy, and this one is no different. James Franco co-stars, making it just that much better and a great buddy movie. 12:30 PM CT FX
3. The Happening. Mark Wahlberg stars as a high school science teacher escaping an illness that is attacking the popular of the country along with his wife, John Leguizamo, and Leguizamo’s daughter. 4:30 PM CT Fox Movie Channel
4. Dateline NBC. Exploring a possible connection between a woman who disappears after going out for the evening in Denver, and a woman in a neighboring town found nearly murdered in her apartment weeks later. 8:00 PM CT NBC
5. 20/20. 8:00 PM CT ABC
6. Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse. In the first half hour, Angela doubts Marcus, disappointing him, and Tynik renovates the salon. In the second half hour, Angela is horrified to see how much Tynik's mom looks like M.J., and Keisha being at the studio upsets Marcus, Joseph, and Todd. 8:00 PM CT TBS
7. Say Yes to the Dress. In the first half hour, Natalie would like Kleinfeld to be her last stop, Amy believes she's overweight, and Elona's dress is more than she dreamed of. In the second half hour, Monisha wants a dress for all three of her ceremonies, Mary is working with a budget for her two dresses, and Andrea loves her bling. 8:00 PM CT TLC
8. Whale Wars. Sea shepher sends up a helicopter to identify the large vessel on its radar, only for the helicopter to disappear after reaching the limits of its fuel range. 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
9. Ghost Adventures. In celebration of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, the crew – Zak Bagans, Nick Groff and Aaron Goodwin – head across the pond to investigate two of England’s most haunted & terrifying locations. In the first of the two all-new episodes the crew go deep inside the Hellfire Caves outside London where they recreate one of the infamous secret rituals known to have occurred there. 8:00 PM CT Travel Channel
10. America's Most Wanted. 8:00 PM CT Lifetime
11 . The Ricky Gervais Show. Karl discusses his observations of the insect world, Stephen reflects on his embarrassment of buying condoms, and Karl's diary excerpts. 8:00 PM CT HBO
12. Common Law. Wes and Travis followup on the shooting of a fellow officer. 9:00 PM CT USA
13. Police Women: Most Intense Domestic Dramas. 9:00 PM CT OWN
14. Randy to the Rescue. Robin needs to eliminate her fear of wedding dresses, Erica is feeling the loss of some key people, and Ayisha needs help choosing a dress 9:00 PM CT TLC
15. Louisiana Lockdown. Lt. Col. Slater balances the responsibilities of prison duties and being a single dad, a former rodeo champ wants another shot at glory so much that he risks serious injury, and a local newspaper begins a smear campaign targeting Warden Cain. 9:00 PM CT Animal Planet
16. Chasing UFOs. The team arms themselves with vision gear to scour the site of an alleged alien spacecraft crash in Roswell. 9:00 PM CT National Geographic
17. Boxing. From Chicago, Andrzej Fonfara vs. Glen Johnson. 9:00 PM CT ESPN
If you've been following spoilers, you know what the big twist is tonight. Like last year, some prior houseguests will be returning. Unlike last year, they won't be competing in the same way as the other houseguests. They'll be leading “teams.” Who are the returning houseguests? Let's find out!
I missed the first few minutes of the show due to me forgetting I had to reprogram my DVR, since it won't pick it up from last year because it's officially named “Big Brother 14” and not just “Big Brother.” This means I missed the first few introductions. Something tells me by the end of the hour, it won't matter.
Interestingly, the houseguests aren't receiving the keys as they usually do, but “invites.” What does that mean? Danielle, of Tuscaloosa, AL, is a nurse and a real southern girl. She loves to go shopping, loves makeup, and being active. She believes she will definitely kick ass in her cowboy boots. Shane, of Bennington, VT, flips houses for a living. They have five properties right now, and none of them have sold, so the prize money here will help.
Jodi, of Calipatria, CA, is a newlywed, going from a single woman to a married woman with five stepchildren. She's extremely active, working out on her spinning bike, lifting weights, and running marathons. She's ready to go in and win the money. Ian, of New Orleans, is a chemical engineering student at Tulane. He thinks his high IQ and being able to think on his feet will help him win the game. Wil of Louisville thinks his biggest strength will be his social game, as he knows how to work a cocktail party. While on the outside he's a southern gay, underneath that he's tough and talented, and he'll kick your booty.
JoJo of Staten Island's theory is if you're not having fun at what you do, then you should not be doing it. When you're from New York, she thinks you can handle anything. She's street smart, born and raised in New York with Sicilian blood. Willie, of Dayton, TX, is the brother of Russell Hantz from Survivor fame. He told him he has to know when to make big moves, and Willie figures that means he won't be playing like Russell. Kara, of L.A., is a model and 100% single. She's dated rock stars and bad boys, but is hoping to meet a nice guy inside the BB house.
Joe, of Schererville, IN, has been a professional chef for fifteen years. He thinks the other houseguests are in for a surprise, as he can even make slop taste like filet mignon. Jenn, of Brooklyn, was in an all-female platinum-selling band by the name of Kitty. People might see her as being heavily-tattooed and a minority (she's Puerto Rican) and a proud gay woman, but you either love her for it, or despise her for it (her words, not mine). Ashley, of Pittsburgh, is a spray tan technician. People always thinks she's ditzy, but she actually graduated from a Big 10 school. Her strategy is to fill the school with love and great energy.
Jodi is just hoping she doesn't have to spend her summer with people who cause problems, drama, and chaos. Perhaps she's going on a different show. Willie promises to cause chaos the entire time he's there. Girls are packing Daisy Dukes, and guys are packing Bo Dukes. Ashley wants to meet up with a nerdy guy wearing glasses, and Ian is making sure he doesn't forget his glasses.
Julie Chen returns live and introduces all the Houseguests in front of the house. The first four to entire are Wil, Ashley, Jodi, and Frank. Wil believes it will be the year of the hair, and that he and Frank “got this.” He has the long and sleek, and Frank has the updo perm. Frank grabs the full-size bed hoping that a girl will enter and need to share a bed and will choose him.
The next group to enter are Ian, Shane, Jenn, and Danielle. Ian, as “a huge extreme Big Brother fan,” cannot believe he's actually in the house. Danielle talks about Jenn being a real rocker chick and says she's never seen anyone like her in person. This leaves the final four to enter being Willie, Joe, Kara, and JoJo. She enters and sees someone else with a bag on a bed, but gets him to move it, saying, “C'mon, like I'm not going to get a bed?” Ashley thinks Kara and Jojo are super cute. She wants to turn JoJo into a My Little Pony, and Kara into a Barbie doll, then put them in her pocket. Alrighty.
As the champagne starts flowing, Ashley asks Ian if he's old enough to drink. He lets her know he is 21. Starting the introductions, Wil announces you spell his name with one L and he's from Louisville. He's a creative marketing consultant doing flash mobs and viral videos. Joe says Wil could be one of the prettiest chicks in the house, and from behind he might have walked up to him in a bar. Willie explains he's a tankerman and wants to get out of it, so needs to win the money. He doesn't say who his brother is, but Ian, a big Survivor fan as well, thinks he could be related to Russell. He's 99.9% sure.
Joe explains he' a a personal chef, too, and Frank begs Joe to teach him. Danielle tells everyone she's a Kindergarten teacher instead of a nurse, because she wants them to think she's a naive southern country girl who plays with kids. She doesn't want them to know she's working on three degrees. Jodi explains she's a newlywed with five stepkids. Ashley explains she's a mobile spray tanner, and that's all she says.
Ian admits to being a chemical engineering student, and says if the hot tub breaks, he's going in to fix it. Ashley thinks he's her type being nerdy with the glasses. Frank explains he just moved to Naples, FL, and that he's currently looking for work. Right away, Jodi thinks he's hiding something. JoJo says she's a bartender, so along with Joe, they have food and drink covered.
Jenn announces she's a musician and deejay. Kara explains she's a model, and Ian thinks she could be the cutest girl ever on the planet earth. It's Shane's turn, and he says he's a carpenter and that he renovates houses. Danielle thinks he could be her type, and figures this means he's good with his hands. Jenn proposes a toast, and Willie knows if he has his way, the smiling faces won't last very long.
The season premiere of Big Brother is always one filled with shocking twists. We know what it will be this time. We just don't know who it will be. Who will the returning houseguests be? You can be there will be at least one who is very beloved by fans, and probably at least one who is much less so. Check in with other favorite shows you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live! With Kelly. Seth Meyers is the guest cohost, and Anne Hathaway, John Leguizamo, and Lawrence Zarian are the guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Duets. The contestants and their coaches duet on songs of the coaches' choice. 7:00 PM CT ABC
3. Take Me Out. A musician, a sales director, a construction company owner, and a nightclub promoter look for partners. 7:00 PM CT Fox
4. Big Brother. Season premiere. New houseguests and four returning houseguests move in. 8:00 PM CT NBC
5. Saving Hope. A hypnotist is called in to help when a patient can't remember who he is, an the man connects Charlie and Alex through his psychic ability. 8:00 PM CT NBC
6. Wipeout. Contestants compete through the Henson Headshots, Slappy Meal, and Spin Psycho obstacles. 8:00 PM CT ABC
7. The Choice. Season finale. Celebrities searching for love include Dean Cain, Tyson Beckford, Ndamukong Suh, and Dr. Robert Nettles. 8:00 PM CT Fox
8. Burn Notice. Sam gets kidnapped from the Everglades, and Fiona gets in trouble with some dangerous inmates. 8:00 PM CT USA
9. The First 48. “Shattered.” 8:00 PM CT A&E
10. On the Fly. A passenger who wants to celebrate St. Patrick's day is willing to do whatever it takes to board a flight, and a supervisor finds a portable oxygen machine that's been abandoned. 8:00 PM CT TLC
11. Trip Flip Kreischer surprises two tourists in Maui with an amazing vacation upgrade, including lodging in a private beach cottage, a helicopter tour, paragliding, speed sailing and driving a submarine! 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
12. Swamp People. Season finale. R.J. and Jay Paul Molinere believe in giving back to Mother Nature more than you take from her. When alligator hunting season ends, the boys work hard to manage 300 acres of land and wildlife, setting up feeders for the creatures on their property. 8:00 PM CT HISTORYiframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/cMb5stJ01RA” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
13. L.A. Hair. A frustrated and disappointed Kim is filled with dismay when she realizes Jasmine has ruined her hair for her big date with Frank. Meanwhile, China and Anthony go head-to-head again, which eventually leads to her asking to resign as salon manager.. 8:00 PM CT WE
14. Anger Management. Kate steals one of Charlie's group patients and starts a war. 8:30 PM CT FX
15. Rock Center with Brian Williams. Even though Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' settlement is now final, neither of them have publicly addressed reports that the Church of Scientology was a cause of the split. But one former Church of Scientology official is speaking out about what he said he witnessed at the time of Cruise’s divorce from actress Nicole Kidman. Also, Six months after the Costa Concordia shipwreck, many survivors are frustrated and angry. Only after their nightmare did they realize that cruise ships are far less accountable than airlines or railroads. 9:00 PM CT NBC
16. Rookie Blue. Oliver Shaw's teenage daughter sees a homeless squatter get brutally stabbed, and when she goes missing, officers try to track her down. 9:00 PM CT ABC
17. Men at Work. In the first half hour, Tyler gets a photo shoot gig with his idol from childhood, and Milo's invention goes terribly wrong when Neal is acting as guinea pig. In the second half hour, Lisa comes back into Milo's life, forcing him to make a big decision, and Neal tries to prove he's on the same level of the other guys. 9:00 PM CT TBS
18. Suits. Travis Tyler comes back to town, and Louis and Mike finally agree. 9:00 PM CT USA
19. Wilfred. Ryan tries to prevent Wilfred from starting a war with an unlikely enemy. 9:00 PM CT FX
20. Cajun Justice. In the first half hour, Deputy Bergeron is put into a threatening situation by locals, three boaters get stranded in the swamps, and Deputy Quintal watches over a creepy road. In the second half hour, A trap is set to catch the thieves that stole the guns of an alligator hunter, and abandoned car is found alongside a bayou road. 9:00 PM CT A&E
21. D.U.I. In the first half hour,Jesse gets arrested after failing a sobriety test, and Haley is picked up for DUI, drugs, and possession of a stolen vehicle. In the second half hour, Curtis is caught driving without a license plate, and Jason is looking at his fourth DUI. 9:00 PM CT TLC
22. Top Spot. vacationers test drive three different hotel experiences before making their choice. Viewers play along by guessing which place will be chosen. 9:00 PM CT Travel Channel
23. Mountain Men. A showdown with poachers turns violent. 9:00 PM CT HISTORY
24. Snooki & JWOWW. Snooki and Jenni invite their old roommates over for dinner at their new place. 9:00 PM CT MTV
25. Louie Louie travels to Miami. 9:30 PM CT FX
26. Awkward Jenna tries to ignore Matty's clingy behavior as it gets worse and worse. 9:30 PM CT MTV
27. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The guests tonight are Denis Leary, Olivia Munn, and Kenny Chesney. 10:35 PM CT NBC
Having the week off of So You Think You Can Dance was not helpful. We had just been introduced to our final two, and now we've had a week off, in addition to only seeing them once a week anyway. It's like we'll need to be reintroduced to them all over again as the final 20 competes for the first time for votes. Check out your other favorite shows at TV-Links.
1. Live! With Kelly. The guest cohost today is Seth Meyers, and the guests today include Glenn Close, Elijah Wood, and Lawrence Zarian. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. My Girl. This is one of my favorite stories. There's just so many unique relationship quandaries for such a young girl, from her relationship with her dad, to her dad's girlfriend, to her deceased mom, to the crush on her teacher, and certainly with her best friend. 2:30 PM CT Encore Love
3. Igor. Offbeat animated film with a Tim Burton feel to it. Joh Cusack, Steve Buscemi, John Cleese, Jennifer Coolidge, Arsenio Hall, and Sean Hayes lend their voices. 5:00 PM CT Disney XD
4. Dogs in the City. Season finale. Justin helps Edie Falco renovate an animal shelter, helps an aggressive dog who was once himself attacked, and an anxious dog who can't be calm when he's playing. 7:00 PM CT CBS
5. So You Think You Can Dance. The top twenty perform for the first time. 7:00 PM CT Fox
6. Melissa & Joey. In the first half hour, Mel'd friend thinks Joe would be a good father for her baby. 7:00 PM CT ABC Family
7. Baby Daddy Filey gets jealous when Ben asks out Emma's nurse, and Tucker ruins Danny's lucky jersey by washing it. 7:30 PM CT ABC Family
8. America's Got Talent. Four of the second group of contestants move on, and Gavin DeGraw and TRACES perform. 8:00 PM CT NBC
9. Dallas. John Ross resents doing his dad's dirty work, Bobby finds out Ann got help for a her family problem from someone else, and Rebecca thinks the ranch could be saved with some info she receives. 8:00 PM CT TNT
10. Royal Pains. Hank and Divya treat a matchmaker, Evan tries to handle his staff, Paige plans a party, and Boris tries to protect his family. 8:00 PM CT USA
11. Haunted Collector. The team travels to Pennsylvania to investigate whispers, shadows and poltergeist activity at the Grand Midway Hotel. 8:00 PM CT Syfy
12. Beverly Hills Nannies. Series Premiere. Competitive nannies. 8:00 PM CT ABC Family
13. Million Dollar Listing, LA. The two Joshes deal with both personal and professional issues. A close family friend has sad news for Josh Flagg, and Josh Altman is (very!) desperate for a new listing. In Malibu, Madison gets set up for failure after insisting on showing his property, during construction… 8:00 PM CT Bravo
14. Toddlers & Tiaras. Danielle, Kayla, and Kailia compete in the California Tropic Arizona pageant. 8:00 PM CT TLC
15. Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America. Richman’s nationwide hunt for the best sandwich in America has taken him to the Northwest! Beginning his journey in Seattle, WA, Richman gets a taste of one of renowned chef Mario Batali’s favorites – the Oxtail Sandwich from Salumi. Next it’s off to Portland, OR for two of Richman’s favorite hoagies – Big Ass Sandwiches’ Roast Beef Sandwich and Bunk Sandwiches’ Pork Belly Cubano. 8:00 PM CT Travel Channel
16. Cajun Pawn Stars. In Louisiana, anything goes. Watch Jimmy snagging whole lot of trouble when he meets a pint sized wheeler and dealer. 8:00 PM CT HISTORY
17. 2012 ESPYs. Celebrating the past year in sports. 8:00 PM CT ESPN
18. Final Witness. A criminals tries to stay ahead of the law and tricks his family into following him, but his wife and kids end up dead when the pressure gets to be too much. 9:00 PM CT ABC
19. Necessary Roughness. Dani works with an illusionist, Ray J and Lindsay discover Dani and Matt's relationship, and TK gets involved in a Twitter flame war. 9:00 PM CT USA
20. The Soup. 9:00 PM CT E!
21. The Soul Man. Boyce is excited to be with Lolli on his birthday, but former neighbors interfere with the surprise party the Lolli and the family had planned . 9:00 PM CT TV Land
22. School Spirits. Two college roommates pull pranks, but the spirit of a girl hit by a train near their dorm gets the last laugh. 9:00 PM CT Syfy
23. Operation Repo. Froy and Matt head out to repo a bouncy castle, and a set of angry clowns aren’t their only opposition when Ronnie and Carlos show up to take the credit. Lou and Sonia’s sympathy for an eco-friendly debtor is quickly squashed when he begins throwing trash in a rage. And when Lou comes down on Ronnie for bad behavior, Ronnie takes his rage out on some rambunctious hockey players and leaves Froy hanging in peril. 9:00 PM CT truTV
24. Barter Kings. In the first half hour, the guys trade up for a motor home as a surprise for a longtime customer, and Antonio looks for a big payoff. In the second half hour, Steve and Antonio try to get a sandrail to race in a High Desert competition. 9:00 PM CT A&E
25. Around the World in 80 Plates. The remaining chefs head south to battle the holy grail of South American cuisine: the Empanada! One chef just barley avoids going down in flames in the knockout battle. Competitors plans to oust one of their own backfires. 9:00 PM CT Bravo
26. Cheer Perfection. Alisha Dunlap expects the kids in her gym to cheer perfectly, and when two moms argue, one little girl gets pushed to her limits. 9:00 PM CT TLC
27. Baggage Battles. Billy Leroy, Mark Meyer and Laurence & Sally Martin return to New York to attend a lost freight and shipping auction at the NY Port Authority. This auction culls together personal property that’s been lost in transit in New York City’s vast transportation network including airports, trains, subways and buses. 9:00 PM CT Travel Channel
28. Picked Off. Series premiere. Amateur pickers compete each week to win $10,000. 9:00 PM CT HISTORY
29. The Real World. Trey has to come to terms with his feelings for Laura, and Marie and Robb go beyond flirting. 9:00 PM CT MTV
30. The Exes. Holly tries to figure out the secret between Eden and her boss, and Phil misplaces Stuart's dog. 9:30 PM CT TV Land
31. Late Show with David Letterman. The guests tonight include Bryan Cranston, R.A. Dickey, and Zac Brown Band. 9:00 PM CT CBS
Brandy Norwood is known a multi-talented singer and actor even before she made her presence known on Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva as Elisa Shayne. She returns to season four and has discovered quite a bit about her character. The singer turned actor has done a little bit of everything. Her films include, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Cinderella, Double Platinum, and the television show The Parkers. She
Brandy is embracing her character on Drop Dead Diva as she joins the comedy/drama with an incredibly talented cast and some fantastic guest stars, including Brooke Elliott (Jane Bingum), Margaret Cho (Teri Lee), Jackson Hurst (Grayson Kent), April Bowlby (Stacey Barrett), Josh Stamberg (Jay Parker) and Ben Feldmen (Fred). The guest star list is just as noteworthy – Patty Duke, Kim Kardashian, Serena Williams, John Ratzenberger, Megyn Price, Emily Rutherford, Valerie Harper.
Brandy, who took part in a recent conference call, appeared in three episodes in season three with her character developing quite the scandalous storyline. It was revealed that Elisa Shayne is the former girlfriend of Jay Parker, and she has a child with him, can you stand it? The twist is, Elisa never told Jay Parker that they have a child together. So
Brandy makes the juiciness of the character very interesting as she progresses forward with her this season. She discussed how she got involved with the series, “I had a meeting with Craig Zedan and he has been a longtime friend of mine. I worked with him on Cinderella, and I expressed to him how I wanted to get back into acting.”
“I started to get the acting buzz again, and Craig told me about Drop Dead Diva. … he gave me the series to watch, and I fell in love with the show. They wrote the character Elisa for me, and I was happy to be a part of such a great cast and a great show.” Brandy’s excitement is contagious
Brandy was able to work with Serena Williams this season. The storyline is very different and exciting for Brandy, “I can’t wait for the fans to see what she has gone through.” It was difficult for her to talk about it, but without giving too much away, Brandy hinted that “Parker falls in love with our son, but I think there are deeper feelings she has for Parker because of what he has put her through.”
Brandy likes how the character is fully evolving. The series does not stay in the same place with storylines so for her to evolve, it keeps it interesting for Brandy. “She is a nurse, and she loves her son. I am a bit inspired by my character; I would do anything for my daughter.” She has so much passion and is in a really good place.
Brandy is happy she took on the role because she does not want to have any regrets. She explained her appearance on Dancing with the Stars, by saying, “Fear is just an illusion. I try to face it as much as possible, and I go ahead with my faith. I do not allow anything to hold me back.” She also does not allow the pressure of Hollywood and the constant scrutiny get to her. “Yes, there may be some pressure, but I try to stay true to myself and not allow this business to dictate what I do for myself.”
The singer/actress fell in love with Elisa and has felt connected to many of her other characters, including Moesha and Chardonnay. “I love being able to be as versatile as possible, and it feels like freedom to play so many different characters.” Brandy connected to Elisa because of her “sweet spirit and what she stands for.”
Brandy believes she will continue acting, and it has become a passion for her. She wants the roles to keep coming and hopes to do a great job with each role she takes on. “I have such a passion for acting, so hopefully I can keep doing it.” She also thanks her family and team for supporting her with everything she has on her plate right now, and feels the love and support from her fans.
Brandy wants viewers and fans to relate to Drop Dead Diva. She feels that with the way the show is and the element of the storyline that people can relate to all the characters. “I think it deals with subject matter that everyone can relate to.” There are so many good elements involved with this show.
Brandy believes her character “stands up for what she believes in,” and she wants viewers and fans to know that she has a lot of fun playing Elisa. She has so many things she wants to do and believes she has a lot to do in life and “fulfill.” She loves doing things that make her happy, and acting and singing are what she loves. “It is a service that I give to the people of the world.”
Fans have wondered with Brandy’s musical talent if she will be singing on the show. “I have not been asked to sing, and I don’t think Elisa can sing.” However, Brandy’s single, Put It Down from her new album “211” is expected to be released in July, which she is excited about. Fans will get the best of both of Brandy’s worlds, her acting and singing career!
Brandy keeps her characters separate from her music, and they have no influence in her music, as most of her music comes from experiences in her own life. She can relate to the women she portrays, but that is as far as it goes. She does, however, feel a little more “free” with her music. “I am able to be transparent in my music and just be me as with a character. I have to add pieces of myself to bring the character to life.”
Keep a look out for Brandy on the Lifetime series Drop Dead Diva which airs Sundays on Lifetime at 9/8c. And don’t forget to check out our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
The guys from Whose Line Is It Anyway come back with a new series tonight, Trust Us With Your Life. In this series celebrities reflect back on their lives telling stories, then the improv comedians act out the stories. In the premiere tonight, we'll see the life stories of Serena Williams, and Jack and Kelly Osbourne. Catch up with all the TV you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live! With Kelly. The guest cohost is Seth Meyers, and Matt Bomer, Allison Williams, and Lawrence Zarian are the guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Lost in Translation. Everyone knows how great of a comedic actor Bill Murray is, but no one would have guessed he was this good dramatically. He stars as a lonely actor who meets up with a conflicted woman across the world in Tokyo. 3:45 PM CT Showtime Showcase
3. 2012 MLB All-Star Game. From Kansas City, Missouri. 6:30 PM CT Fox
4. America's Got Talent. The second set of twelve contestants perform. 7:00 PM CT NBC
5. Wipeout. Bosses and employees take on the course. 7:00 PM CT ABC
6. Destination Truth. Season premiere. The team returns with a special two-hour premiere featuring expeditions to Vietnam and Belize! 7:00 PM CT Syfy
7. Pretty Little Liars The girls think “A” will do something at Jenna's birthday party, and Hanna makes a shocking discovery. 7:00 PM CT ABC Family
8. Trust Us With Your Life. Season Premiere. In the first half hour, improv actors perform Serena Williams' life, and in the second half hour they act out the lives of Kelly and Jack Osbourne. 8:00 PM CT ABC
9. Rizzoli & Isles. Jane and Maura are on the case when a financier is found dead, wearing a cloak and mask in a trash can, and Maura connects more deeply with her biological mother and half-sister. 8:00 PM CT TNT
10. White Collar. Season premiere. Peter tries to locate Neal and Mozzie before a bounty hunter. 8:00 PM CT USA
11. American Ninja Warrior. Stage 1 of the 8-obstacle-long course. 8:00 PM CT G4
12. Hardcore Pawn. Season premiere. Rich returns to speak to Les about their confrontation. In a last-ditch effort to regain Les’ trust, Rich spots what he thinks are stolen goods. If he’s right, he’ll look like a savior. If he’s wrong, he will undoubtedly be handed his final walking papers. Meanwhile, Seth continues on his path to take over the store from his father, all under the disapproving eye of his sister Ashley. 8:00 PM CT truTV
13. Dateline on OWN. A look at a fire that killed a young couple. 8:00 PM CT OWN
14. Jane by Design. Zoe asks Billy to meet her parents, Kate sets up Gray's online dating profile, and Rita stands up for Ben. 8:00 PM CT ABC Family
15. The Real Housewives of Orange County. The O.C. ladies reunite with Andy Cohen to hash out the most dramatic season to date! Alexis demands an apology from the ladies for calling her phony, and the girls fight right back with specific examples of her insincerity. Surprisingly, it’s a past enemy Vicky who comes to Alexis’s defense… 8:00 PM CT Bravo
16. What Not to Wear. A woman who believes in sacrificing style just so that she can be comfortable. 8:00 PM CT TLC
17. Mysteries at the Museum. Season finale. Wildman travels to Topeka, Fort Lee and Washington, D.C. 8:00 PM CT Travel Channel
18. Dance Moms. Abby's dancers and Cathy's Candy Apples compete for this first time this season, Kelly change Paige's solo, and Jill finds out the grass isn't green over at Cathy's studio. 8:00 PM CT Lifetime
19. Love in the Wild. The final three couples face challenges that include a hut filled with scorpions, quicksand, and digging for for treasure, and one couple gets advantage with a surprise quiz.. 9:00 PM CT NBC
20. NY Med. Season premiere. A woman needs to talk to her doctors during brain surgery, Dr. Oz performs open heart sugery, and an ER nurse faces strange cases. 9:00 PM CT ABC
21. Franklin & Bash. Peter and Jared get advice as they start picking jurors for their case, a young law student partners with the firm for the summer, and Peter and Jared work on the case against a powerful D.A. 9:00 PM CT TNT
22. Covert Affairs. Season premiere. Annie and the other end up in an unfamiliar situation. 9:00 PM CT USA
23. Retired at 35. Elaine and Alan have a hard time finding the right balance for being together, and Elaine goes along with Alan to his weekly poker night. 9:00 PM CT TV Land
24. Haunted Highway. The teams investigate the Darkman in Standing Rock, South Dakota. 9:00 PM CT Syfy
25. Storage Wars. In the first half hour, a new buyer finds a Cold War keepsake in Gardena, CA, and Darrell profits off his purchase. In the second half hour, the bidders had to Montebello, CA, and Dave goes straight to the bank, while Jarrod and Brandi end up having a bad day. 9:00 PM CT A&E
26. Our America with Lisa Ling. Poverty, teen suicide, and alcoholism from inside the Native American community. 9:00 PM CT OWN
27. Pregnant in Heels. Parenthood is always a little frightening, but this week's clients make it sound downright spooky! Rosie goes ‘Ghostbuster’ by taking on her most bizarre task yet, cleansing a baby nursery of ghosts… 9:00 PM CT Bravo
28. Craft Wars. Using pet toys to create a pet mansion. 9:00 PM CT TLC
29. The Glee Project. The contestants face a wild video shoot. 9:00 PM CT Oxygen
30. Kendra on Top. When Kendra is invited to New York City to do a sexy photo shoot atop the Empire State Building, Hank agrees to keep her company. But things get tense when Hank uses his time in New York to hang out with friends instead of looking for a job. 9:00 PM CT WE
31. Teen Mom. Amber and Gary work on their relationship, Maci tries to pick classes, Farrah gets annoy with her parents' worries about Sophia, and Catelynn joins a support group. 9:00 PM CT MTV
32. Late Show with David Letterman. The guests tonight include Queen Latifah, Fred Armisen, Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, and Buddy Guy. 9:00 PM CT CBS
On tonight’s episode of School Spirits there is a sense of real fear and true terror. In the eighties everyone seemed to be okay and very cool. We all wished John Cusack was standing outside our bedroom windows holding a boombox playing really rad eighties music. But in 1985, Chris DiCesare (Class of 1986) was a very happy guy who woke up every morning to go running.
Just listening to his story, I feel inspired. His goal was to make it to the Olympics, and he devoted his life to running. His father, Vito DiCesare, says his son was strong and enjoyed a challenge. This story seems very nice and calm, but there is suspicion as I listen to this man speak. Chris explains how his grandmother told him to count to ten to help him focus. It made him feel as if something had control over him.
Here is the part where everything that was nice and rad in the eighties just disappears. Chris’ friend Jeff Ungar always had a camera or a note pad to record what was going on around him. (Sounds like someone I know!) Chris was at a toga party with Jeff and his friend. (Of course it had to be a toga party. Go ahead and chant “TOGA!” I will wait!)
Jeff considered himself to be the eyes and ears of the campus. Beth Kinsman, who was also a friend of Chris and Jeff, and a freshman, says she was happy they accepted her. Chris felt that his groups of friends were more like “family” to him. He was in his room one night working on a paper and had to focus so he could get this paper done.
Chris heard someone call out his name. Now this is the part of the eighties that you may not want to remember. Chris decided to put headphones on to block out the music. He also locked the door, deciding it was a joke his friends were playing on him. He continuee typing. (Me, I check under my bed, just in case!)
Chris still heard the voice calling his name and finally decided to get up and go look around to find out who was pulling the prank. After he did not find anyone around, Chris decided to go for a run. Good idea! He cam back and took a shower, only to see his roommate standing there. His roommate told him he heard someone calling his’ name.
Chris was still hoping it was a prank. I think by now, after hearing someone calling his name, and then having the roommate tell him the same story, he would listen. Chris decided to calm down and open the care package his parents had sent him. So now this dude was eating candy and listening to hissing noises.
It ended up being Chris’ tape recorder. He discovered it had turned on. He unplugged it and shoved it in a desk drawer. He headed back to climb up the ladder to his loft and began to get chills. Why don’t people ever turn on lights and call for help? I don’t get it. He decided to count to ten instead, but never made it to ten.
I would not be counting, I would be getting the hell out of that room but to each his or her own. Chris believes now that he should have told his roommate because after hearing someone call Chris’ name, the roommate left and did not want to stay in the room so now Chris was alone counting. Chris got to seven and he saw a shape that looked human. He could see the legs disappear.
The person appeared as a misty pale face. Chris did the only thing he knew, he ran like hell (finally!) Chris ran to Jeff who took his note book out and starting writing everything down. Jeff walked Chris back to his room and he didn’t want to stay there. Jeff was more fascinated with what was happening in the room and he wanted to start recording what was going on.
Jeff decided to use audio and he marked all the items down in Chris’ room and marked where they were at in the room. Chris and Jeff checked windows and locked doors while Chris spoke to whatever presence was in his room. He left the tape recorder on and they played the actual audio of Chris speaking.
Jeff stayed outside the room and one hour later all hell breaks loose. The closet door was unlocked, the window was open and the chair had moved. Okay poltergeist, ghost, and spirits? Who knows? Jeff was eager to listen to the tape (not as up to date as today’s technology but it was effective) and they rewound it and heard all kinds of sounds.
The sound of the chair moving and gurgling noises and Chris and Jeff decide that they need more evidence, Chris tries to figure out how to call a ghost and he says a few words and spies the closet door moving. Chris begins yelling at Jeff so he will take a photo. Jeff is prepared, I have to give him that, and he has the note book, the camera! He is all set!
This series provides an interesting take on the paranormal because it is based on true events and set in colleges so you see a different side of haunted places. Chris hears a pitched, gurgling voice and Chris sees the image in his closet. There is a face and a body. Chris is scared to death and as Jeff takes the picture the ghost heads towards him and goes right through him.
Jeff takes the picture and makes a run for it. He gets the pictures developed because you know there were no digital cameras then. Jeff examines his 4×6 pictures and he gets to the last picture and there is a skeleton. They show the actual photo and it is insane. Jeff shows the photo to Beth who also verifies the ghost looks like it is forming.
Jeff begins to worry now and he is especially worried about Chris’ health and his state of mind. Chris did not want to tell anyone because he was afraid of what people would say. He should have just spoken up! He had seen the ghost almost everywhere now and he was freaked out. He tried to run and his legs would not respond.
He was no longer the happy go lucky runner that was motivated. He had lost the light in his eyes and he was withdrawn. Beth was worried there was something evil happening to Chris. Chris was raised Catholic so he decided to try and “reach out to his faith.” (call an exorcist!)
Have any thoughts on the Cruise/Holmes breakup? Is it because of his Scientology as some believe? Find out more about it tonight on NBC, as well as a story on an 11-year-old transgender. Catch up on your other favorite shows at TV-Links.
1. 2012 Wimbledon Championships. Men’s Final, Andy Murray vs. Roger Federer. 8:00 AM CT ESPN
2. Formula One Racing. British Grand Prix from Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, England. 11:00 AM CT Fox
3. IndyCar Racing. Honda Indy Toronto. 11:30 AM CT ABC
4. Extract. Jason Bateman plays a the owner of an extract company whose whole life gets turned around after an employee is talked into suing for his on-the-job accident. Casting does a lot for this movie, as it also includes Kristen Wiig, Ben Affleck, and Mila Kunis. 11:30 AM CT Comedy Central
f 5. MLB Baseball. ATlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies. 12:30 PM CT TBS
6. PGA Tour Golf. Final Round of Old White TPC in White Sulphur Springs, WV. 2:00 PM CT CBS
7. Golf. Final Round of Old U.S. Women’s Open Championship from Kohler, WI. 2:00 PM CT NBC
8. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It’s the second movie in the Indiana Jones series. This time with Kate Capshaw along with Harrison Ford. 2:30 PM CT Syfy
9. 60 Minutes. Jack Abramoff, redshirting kids to place them as the oldest in their class, and Magnus Carlsen. 6:00 PM CT CBS
10. Dateline NBC. An 11-year-old transgender, and the Cruise/Holmes separation. 6:00 PM CT NBC
11. Secret Millionaire. The CEO of Everloop secretly looks for needy individuals in Long Beach, CA. 7:00 PM CT ABC
12. Xtreme Waterparks. Hold on to your trunks, because we’re taking an all-access, adrenaline-filled ride on the wildest, over-the-top and exhilarating water rides in the world! 7:00 PM CT Travel Channel
13. Jerseylicious. Olivia is unsure of her future with the Gabsby after a fight, and Anthony Robert Salon employees compete for an award 7:00 PM CT Style
14. Mob Wives Chicago. Pia tells a secret about Nora when she loses her patience. 7:00 PM CT VH1
15. MLB Baseball. New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox. 7:00 PM CT ESPN
16. Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. A cosmetology student tries to lose half of her 300+ weight by her 21st birthday. 8:00 PM CT ABC
17. Falling Skies. The 2nd Mass see the return of a familiar face, a skitter becomes a prisoner at the camp, and Maggie opens up regarding her past. 8:00 PM CT TNT
18. Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Khloe heads back to L.A., and Scott makes a sweet 16 appearance in New York City. 8:00 PM CT E!
19. American Ninja Warrior. Las Vegas Finals. 8:00 PM CT G4
20. Oprah Builds a Network. A look back at the first year of OWN. 8:00 PM CT OWN
21. The Glades. A woman known for pronouncing the innocence of a death-row inmate is found murdered, and Callie finds out Miranda is also a sexual harassment victim. 8:00 PM CT A&E
22. Hoarding: Buried Alive. Cary’s NYC apartment is uninhabitable for the most part because of his obssession with Elvis memorabilia. 8:00 PM CT TLC
23. Insane Coaster Wars. This series invites thrill seekers everywhere to settle the battle once and for all by voting for their favorite roller coasters. Each episode features four coasters in a total of six different categories. Coaster experts will argue the pros, cons, advantages and weaknesses of each ride, while viewers experience the ride firsthand through specially mounted cameras. The fan favorites will be announced on air at the end of each episode, and in the one-hour finale, we count down the top ten coasters with the most votes! 8:00 PM CT Travel Channel
24. Ice Road Truckers. A driver walks away, Austin hauls a cabin, Jack fights traffic on a slick road, and Lane Keator decides to a South Carolina native in a convoy with Darrell Ward. 8:00 PM CT HISTORY
25. Drop Dead Diva. Jane and Grayson work together on a faulty oil rig case, Owen’s whereabouts are unknown, and Park gets Kim to help with his son’s custody hearing. 8:00 PM CT Lifetime
26. Snapped. A married woman resorts to murder, making her lover her accomplice. 8:00 PM CT Oxygen
27. Empire Girls: Julissa & Adrienne. Julissa cohosts a national radio program, Adrienne debuts a nail polish line, and the two host a singles mixer. 8:00 PM CT Style
28. True Blood. Bill and Eric look to Sookie for help finding Russell, Lafayette wants help from Jesus’ spirit, Patrick and Terry are hostages, Jason has a disturbing dream, Tara gets advice from Jessica, and Luna gets bad news from Sam. 8:00 PM CT HBO
29. The Great Escape. Three teams are trapped inside a labyrinth of chaos located at a mental institution that is said to be haunted. 9:00 PM CT TNT
30. Mrs. Eastwood & Company. Tyler’s dark past, and the Overtones search for a manager. 9:00 PM CT E!
31. Storage Hunters. Big money brings out fierce competition at a rare high-stakes RV auction. Then, the contents of a locker spill out at our bidders’ feet, smashing several dangerous objects. Will it bring seven years of bad luck, or a 7-figure payday? And later, Jesse’s experience with antiques makes him think treasures lie behind the iron curtain. 9:00 PM CT truTV
32. Longmire. Walt believes a bear fatally assaulted a released murderer because he was baited, and Branch’s uncle, a retired sheriff, can’t resist the lure of law enforcement. 9:00 PM CT A&E
33. The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Melissa and Joe throw Antonia a lavish birthday party, bringing Teresa and Jacqueline face-to-face for the first time since their blowout. New relationships blossom as Kathy’s sister Rosie invites her new girlfriend to meet the family, and Caroline’s son Albie introduces his cheerleader girlfriend to their family as well. 9:00 PM CT Bravo
34. Getting Married to the Moonies. Three couples head to Korea to participate in a mass wedding by Rev. Moon. 9:00 PM CT TLC
35. Sand Masters – Daytona 500 Special. In this special episode, the sand artists are invited to Florida’s world-famous Daytona 500 by racing champion Michael Waltrip. To honor his brother Darrell Waltrip’s induction into the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Michael requests the artists to create a surprise race-inspired sand sculpture. 9:00 PM CT Travel Channel
36. Shark Wranglers. Chris Fischer and crew go after the great whites of Mossel Bay, South Africa, and are pushed to the limits by a 10-foot female great white. 9:00 PM CT HISTORY
37. Army Wives. Claudia Joy lends her help to retired veterans’ legal troubles, Roxy is concerned for Cody, Trevor suggests Hector see a marriage counselor, Charlie shares the engagement news with Nicole’s mom, and Kevin decides to leave Frank’s brigade behind. 9:00 PM CT Lifetime
38. Bridezillas. Bridezilla Ashanti finds planning her Southern California wedding from her home in Hawaii to be a little overwhelming. So when this disorganized bride goes over budget, she calls in her bridesmaids to help with the remaining tasks. Bridezilla Rochelle, the teen bride, continues in her selfish ways with Nathan. When tears don’t work, this ’Zilla uses the art of manipulation, aka sex, to win him back. 9:00 PM CT WE
39. Newsroom. Will apologizes for prior newscasts while onair, Charlie gets a warning from management, Jim puts Maggie at ease during a panic attack, and Will shows off his dates to Mac, 9:00 PM CT HBO
40. Weeds. Jill’s husband interrupts her and Andy, and Doug and Whit ponder new business ideas. 9:00 PM CT Showtime
41. Episodes. Matt tries to win Sean’s favor with a sports car, and Matt and Jamie talk about their encounter. 9:00 PM CT Showtime