It's a small 70s sitcom reunion of sorts tonight on Syfy. The movie Bigfoot costars Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family and Barry Williams from The Brady Bunch. The two actually had an earlier reunion in a Celebrity Boxing match. In a recent Q&A, Williams complained that no one bothered to tell him before the bout that Bonaduce was not just a boxer, but a black belt as well. And along for the ride tonight, they also have Alice Cooper. It's worth a watch just to watch these three guys.
1. 2012 Wimbledon Championships. Day 6 from the All-England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in WImbledon, England. 7:00 AM CT ESPN
2. PGA Tour Golf. Third round of AT&T National from Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, MD. 2:00 PM CT CBS
3. Notting Hill. Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts aren't a very likely couple, but somehow that's what makes this romantic comedy work even more. 2:00 PM CT WE
5. Bridesmaids. Starring Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, and Melissa McCarthy, this movie is somewhat the female answer to Hangover. 4:10 PM CT Cinemax
6. MLB Baseball. Detroit Tigers at Tampa Bay Rays. 6:00 PM CT Fox
7. NASCAR Racing: Sprint Cup. Quaker State 400 from Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, KY. 6:30 PM CT TNT
8. U.S. Olympic Trials.Swimming Finals from Omaha, NE. 7:00 PM CT NBC
9. Breaking Pointe. Opening night stresses out the dancers, Katie and Beckanne double date with the Tilton brothers, and Allison's family gives out unwanted advice. 7:00 PM CT CW
10. My Cat From Hell. A couple's upcoming honeymoon is threatened by two fighting cats, and a Bengal refuses to play. 7:00 PM CT Animal Planet
11. U.S. Olympic Trials.Track & Field Finals from Omaha, NE. 8:00 PM CT NBC
12. Bigfoot. Television legends Danny Bonaduce (The Partridge Family) and Barry Williams (The Brady Bunch) star as life-long rivals battling over Bigfoot. Howard Hesseman (Head of the Class), Sherilyn Fenn (Twin Peaks), Andre Royo (The Wire) and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Alice Cooper (School’s Out) co-star in the movie, which is directed by Oscar and Emmy nominee Bruce Davison (X-Men). Bigfoot is a production of The Asylum. 8:00 PM CT Syfy
13. Bad Dog! A dog clings to his owner's clothing trying to stop her from leaving the house to go to work, and three goats climb over the car of their owner. 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
14. Cars 2. Lightning McQueen and Mater are back in this sequel. They travel overseas for the World Grand Prix. 8:00 PM CT Starz
15. The Firm. Mitch tries to stop damaging info from coming out during a trial. 9:00 PM CT NBC
16. Undercover Boss: Abroad. The Hutchinson Builders boss goes behind the scenes of the company. 9:00 PM CT TLC
17. Tanked: Unfiltered. A look back at the tanks built for a tattoo parlor and a furniture store. 8:00 PM CT Animal Planethttp://www.realityshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/wpid-Photo-Jun-30-2012-130-PM.jpg
We still have a month to wait until the Summer Olympics in London, but in the meantime, NBC is filling up our nights with U.S. Olympic Trials. Tonight we have swimming and gymnastics. Catch up on your favorite shows you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live! With Kelly. Michael Strahan is the guest cohost, and Matthew McConaughey, Sonya Fitpatrick, and Ashanti are the guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. NASCAR Racing: Nationwide Series. Feed the Children 300 from Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, KY 6:30 PM CT ESPN
3. U.S. Olympic Trials. Swimming finals from Omaha, NE. 7:00 PM CT NBC
4. U.S. Olympic Trials. Women's Gymnastics. 8:00 PM CT NBC
5. Say Yes to the Dress. In the first half hour, Ty wants two dresses, Jacqueline wants to dresses that are in different styles, and Christina is having her second fitting. In the second half hour, Amy searches for her dream dress, Edwina has three months to go still before her wedding, and Michelle sees her dress again after losing 50 pounds. 8:00 PM CT TLC
6. Whale Wars. The crew of the Brigitte Bardot evacuate the damaged ship, and Capt. Watson sends a team to a Japanese security vessel. 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
7. Chasing UFOs. Series premiere. In the first hour, the team looking into reports of strange lights in the skies over two towns in Texas. In the second hour, central California residents report being followed after they saw unusual objects in the sky at night. 8:00 PM CT National Geographic
8. America's Most Wanted. 8:00 PM CT Lifetime
9. XIII. Series premiere. After being locked up for two years, XII is broken out of the brutal camp, ex-President Sheridan and Irinia Svetlanova turn up as his allies, and XIII makes a deal with Sheridan to get info about his past life. 8:00 PM CT Reelz
10. The Ricky Gervais Show. Karl questions if his book will end up as a masterpiece someday and reveals what he thinks about the meaning of wartime. 8:15 PM CT HBO
11. Common Law. In order to be able to put up with each other, Wees and Travis are asked to participate in a role-playing exercise. 9:00 PM CT USA
12. Insane or Inspired. “25 Most Outrageous Oversized Objects.” 9:00 PM CT Syfy
13. Randy to the Rescue. Randy tames Asia's eccentric taste, Kelly wants to bring the memory of her mom into her dress, and Stephanie needs the perfect party dress. 9:00 PM CT TLC
14. Louisiana Lockdown. A new inmate finally gets the chance to meet his grandpa who is serving a life sentence, and Lt. co. Slater meets up again with a dying inmate. 9:00 PM CT Animal Planet
15. The Dead Files. Allan and DiSchiavi travel to Santa Fe to investigate the abandoned and infamous New Mexico State Penitentiary. As DiSchiavi uncovers the site’s twisted history of bloodshed, Allan confronts a powerful evil entity that prompts her to break the team’s rules in an effort to help and protect their client, 9:00 PM CT Travel Channel
15. Real Time with Bill Maher. Panelists include Amy Goodman, Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, Fareed Zakaria, Jack Bramoff, and Lizz Winstead. 9:00 PM CT HBO
16. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The guests tonight include Andrew Garfield, Quvenzhané Wallis, and Of Monsters and Men. 10:35 PM CT NBC
Normally I have a list of the dancers I hope make the final 20 of So You Think You Can Dance, and a list of those I hope don't as well. But this time it's different. It's hard to remember all the dancers week to week since Fox put the show on a diet of only once a week. Since the 20 who make it will be dancing for us on the So You Think You Can Dance stage tonight for the first time, I'm hoping I won't be forgetting them after this week.
Additionally, it's the two-hundredth episode of the show. Our judges are Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, and special guest Zoey Deschanel. Nigel mentions that this year there will be two winners, a guy and a girl. I'm not sure if I like that or not.
The thirty-five dancers who made it out of Vegas gathered last week to hear if they made it or not. They'll hear the judgement from Nigel, Mary, Debbie Allen, Tyce Diorio, Lil' C, and Adam Shankman. Those lucky 20 who made it are backstage waiting for their chance to introduce themselves to us.
The first dancer to hear her judgement is Alexa Anderson. She was the last dancer last year to hear she wouldn't make it. Will she be the first to hear she didn't make it or the first to hear she does? Cat Deeley is smiling; does that mean anything? Alexa battled it out in Vegas with the judges as they fought for her to show some emotion. Tyce tells her tonight he gave her a hard time because he believes she has room to develop and that she showed some great fight in Vegas. It was finally enough. She's the first dancer to make it this year.
George Lawrence II is the next up. He was praised all through Vegas. Tonight he enters wearing a green outfit, including a bowtie … and shorts. Debbie reminds him that he made quite an impression on them in Atlanta. Once the playing field became more level in Vegas, the question became where he is today. He's in the top 20; that's where he is. Will Thomas also makes it.
Contemporary dancer Megan Branch is awaiting word on her status. Mary loved her audition and was just as impressed with her in Vegas. She walks out in front of the judges tonight. It's Lil' C who delivers the news that Megan will not be part of the top 20 this year. Colin Fuller doesn't make it either.
Amber Jackson made it to this point in season six, only to hear she wasn't making it. In season seven she didn't make it as far and didn't' think she'd try again, yet here she is. She is glad she dropped her pride and did it anyway, as you can't grow with all that extra baggage. Adam points out to her that it was strong field of contemporary dancers this year, but … “welcome to the top 20.” She finally did it!
Here are the first four dancers to make it dancing a Tyce Diorio routine to We Found Love by Jessie J. They dance on and over a long bench. For Amber and Alexa, it must be great redemption to finally get to this point. So far they look to be good choices for the top 20. The two guys don't look too shabby either.
Nigel feels that this year all the top 20 are superstars, and not one of these four let themselves down dancing to some wonderful choreography by Tyce. He tells Will he is a big tall man and needs to move just as fast as the little ones. Looking back at Amber's video, he was amazed at how unattractive she was to say she'd never be on the show again, but now she is a star and looks beautiful. Alexa has had a lot of screen time, but she found her performance, and he doesn't want her to lose it. If every light in the studio went out, George would still shine. Now, everyone else needs to come up to his level.
Mary can't believe it keeps getting better each year, but it just does. A lot of the kids have been waiting eight seasons for their moment, and it's finally here. The very first dance has produced magnificent dancing. She thinks the girls will be excited to get Will as a partner, as he was there for the girls every step of the way. The clouds have lifted for Alexa, and she's ready to soar. George's leaps made him just sail out there. Amber no longer has baggage around her so needs to just go for it.
Zoey thinks they were all so great, that it's hard for her to even think of anything to say. The one thing she did come up with is that their teamwork was incredible. They all pulled their weight, because if one person was off, the whole thing would just tumble out of control. She can't wait to see more.
Salt Lake City provided the three remaining ballroom dancers, Witney Carson, Lindsay Arnold, and Nick Bloxom-Carter. Nick was the first of the three to walk in front of the judges last week. His whole life he has felt like he was in the shadows of greater people. He's been kept in the back, but he wants this for himself. He hasn't cried in a long time, but broke down just before facing the judges to hear his judgement. He really feels he can do it. That's good, because he's in the top 20.
It seems only one of the girls will make it. They have been competitors since they were very young, but have remained friends throughout. Lindsay doesn't think the competition will come between them even at this point. Witney promises to chuck her shoe at the judges if she doesn't make the top 20 and heads back home to American Pork Utah. (Is that a real place?) They, of course, face the judges together. Mary tells them they are looking for one ballroom girl, but they adore both of them. Witney came out onstage like fire and has fabulous technique. Mary was blown away by Lindsay, who is another fabulous technician. Witney is in the top 20. Lindsay hugs her, then finds out she's making it too.
The three ballroom dancers dance a Jason Gilkison routine to Dance Again by Jennifer Lopez (featuring Pitbull). It's a Latin number leaving Nick dancing with both of the girls as partners. They're all three fabulous, but I see Witney making it further, as she seems to have more personality to her.
Mary thinks the train just pulled up to Sizzle Station. She had to fan Nigel down. She is so proud of them and finds it great to have three ballroom dancers in the top 20, and they are a tremendous three. She wants a little more out of Nick, saying that while it was hopping up and down, when he comes back down, he needs to get stronger again. Lindsay and Witney are two of the hottest tamales they've had on the show.
Zoey found it incredible and tells the two gals they're like twins and perfectly synchronized and just firecrackers. Nick was great keeping up with them, leaving Zoey worried, thinking he could have been hurt. We don't get a chance to hear Nigel's comments.
Brian Williams interviews the Tyler Clementi's family tonight on Rock Center. Clementi is the Rutger's student who committed suicide after his roommate secretly videotaped his sexual encounter with another man. The roommate was recently released from jail after serving just twenty days. Regardless of his sexual orientation, it shouldn't ever be looked at as okay to secretly videotape anyone. Check in with other favorite shows you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live! With Kelly. Michael Strahan is the guest cohost, and Channing Tatum, Char, and Carly Rae Jepsen are the guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. 2012 NBA Draft. From Newark, NJ. 6:30 PM CT ESPN
3. U.S. Olympic Trials. Swimming Finals from Omaha, NE. 7:00 PM CT NBC
4. Duets. The contestants and their coaches duet on songs from this millennium. 7:00 PM CT ABC
5. Breaking Pointe. Everyone is stressed out on opening night. 7:00 PM CT CW
6. Take Me Out. The women keep searching. 7:00 PM CT Fox
7. The First 48. In the first hour, “House of Pain; Into the Night.” In the second hour, “Night Shift; Mobbed.” 7:00 PM CT A&E
8. Saving Hope. Working the EER night shift, Alex is exhausted while treating a hockey player, and Charlie meets a punk about to enter a difficult fight. 8:00 PM CT NBC
9. Wipeout. “Hotties Versus Nerds 2.0.” 8:00 PM CT ABC
10. The Choice. Celebrities searching for love include Carmen Electra, Sophie Monk, Hope Dworaczyk, and Rima Fakih. 8:00 PM CT Fox
11. Burn Notice. “Last Rites.” 8:00 PM CT USA
12. Anger Management. Series Premiere. Charlie goes back to therapy after running into his ex's new boyfriend, and the new Charlie then deals with the old Charlie from his carousing past. 8:00 PM CT FX
13. On the Fly. In the first half hour, a woman gets upset that her seat is given away, and a passenger gets caught smoking inflight. In the second half hour, a wheelchair passenger gets upset, a passenger travels in disguise, and a supervisor determines a passenger's fitness to fly. 8:00 PM CT TLC
14. Trip Flip In the first half hour, Bert Kreischer travels to New Orleans where he takes couple on an unforgettable NOLA adventure that includes kissing alligators, building a Mardi Gras float, authentic Cajun feasts and a seaplane ride over the bayou. In the second half hour, Bert Kreischer travels to Oahu, Hawaii where takes a pair of friends on an adventure that includes swimming with sharks, racing in an outrigger canoe and firewalking. 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
15. Swamp People. After a life-threatening health scare earlier this year. Bruce takes no chances when it comes to his dog Tyler’s well-being. The daily grind of the season can take its toll on his best friend, so Bruce makes time to take Tyler to the vet for a check-up. 8:00 PM CT HISTORY
16. L.A. Hair. Kim’s long-time friend and client, Laila Ali stops by the salon, then Kim assembles her team for a big announcement: Mikki Taylor, beauty editor at-large for Essence magazine, has called upon Kim and her staff to create an exciting high-fashion look for designer Kevan Hall’s fall collection. 8:00 PM CT WE
17. Rock Center with Brian Williams. Segments include an interview Tyler Clementi's family, the looting of the pyramids, and a look at hospital billing going too far. 9:00 PM CT NBC
18. Rookie Blue. Traci has concerns that she didn't appropriately handle an investigation of a car accident that turned up a dead body, and Chris comes to the realization he has feelings for Gail. 9:00 PM CT ABC
19. Men at Work. Biggs and Tyler try to get a gym membership on a discount, and Neal sets up Milo and and old friend. 9:00 PM CT TBS
20. Suits. Mike is stuck in the middle of a battle between Harvey and Daniel, handles complications, and Louis meets his match. 9:00 PM CT USA
21. Wilfred. Season premiere. Because of Ryan's selfishness, Wilfred refuses to help him. 9:00 PM CT FX
22. Cajun Justice. In the first half hour, the search for a body in the Mississippi waters, and a shape-shifting monster known as Rougarou is seen in the swamps. In the second half hour, a deputy wants a voodoo priestess help thinking he has been cursed, and local shrimp fishermen have an altercation. 9:00 PM CT A&E
23. Kathy. Jane Fonda, Lisa Ling, and Sharon Osbourne are the guessts. 9:00 PM CT Bravo
24. America's Worst Tattoos. Season premiere. In the first half hour, An X-rated tattoo gets transformed. In the second half hour, a “See More” butt tattoo gets transformed. 9:00 PM CT TLC
25. Mountain Men. The Mountain Men reveal what it takes to live off the land. 9:00 PM CT HISTORY
26. Snooki & JWOWW. Jionni and Roger visit, creating a fight over the bachelor party. 9:00 PM CT MTV
27. Louie Season premiere. Louie experiences a difficult day. 9:30 PM CT FX
28. Awkward Series premiere. Jenna tries to spread some holiday cheer, and Jenna considers her past with Matty after a gift from Jake. 9:30 PM CT MTV
29. Conan. Mark Wahlberg, Billy Eichner, and Infantree are the guests tonight. 10:00 PM CT TBS
30. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The guests tonight include Tyler Perry, Rhys Ifans, and Keane. 10:35 PM CT NBC
Confrontation, alienation, and friendship bracelet pt. deux
Oh my God. The cake issues is still topic of fight and upheaval.
“It’s time for the Sara chapter to close.” I couldn’t agree more Heather.
“Over a f***** piece of cake?” Sara is confused, upset, off her rocker, and in need of coffee and a comfortable bed. Maybe some special happy pills with that as well. “Is this the world that we live in?”
Alexis tries to play “mediator” and understand why she’s brought in to escort Sara out of Heather’s house.
Uh well Alexis did bring the uninvited guest in the first place.
Gretchen gives Tamra a present. Remember the friendship bracelet, Tamra gave Gretch in the season premiere. Well she returns the gesture, giving Tamra the key to her heart.
I thought maybe Slade had that charm on lock.
Vicki has a talk with Ryan, Brianna’s new husband. Vicki blames her now rocky relationship on the abrupt “drive-thru chapel” in vegas.
Ryan sets her straight, saying he isn’t the reason for the tense relationships between Vicki and Brianna. They hug it out and Ryan assures Vicki he’s there for Brianna and isn’t going anywhere.
Jim shows up to Heather’s party. I mean he just walks into the home and out to the lavished backyard where Alexis happens to be.
It’s a pleasant surprise to her and unexpected to everyone else because according to Alexis, Jim was not coming to the party.
Terry and Heather have a feeling he’s there for a confrontation over what was said about Alexis. Methinks they’re right.
Vicki is huddled in a small group eyeing Tamra and Gretchen who are being all friendly across the yard.
She walks over to break up the Tam-Gretch hug for a cruel joke on Tamra, but Gretchen ruins that and it ends in some odd hugging fest amongst the ladies. Awkward.
Terry comes up to Jim to see if he’s cool. “Are we okay?”
Jim replies “We’ll talk next week.”
Alexis chimes in, standing there in her fur coat, “It’s not that important to discuss right now.” Or something along those lines.
Jim turns to her. “Are you wearing the pants?” Right there in front of everybody.
Did that really just happen? I have no further comments on that relationship or marriage right now.
Jim and Terry go to sit and chat about what was said. Heather walks over to make sure her husband doesn’t get wrongfully attacked.
“This is why I wanted to do lunch.” In other words, no women are allowed in this man-to-man conversation.
While Heather explains, Tamra comes over to sit. She’s sort of involved since she twisted and relayed the message to Alexis who in turn told her husband.
Jim feels ambushed and gets up to leave the party, basically ditching Alexis. He didn’t come there for her in the first place. He gets into the car and drives off.
Alexis rushes out of the party and runs down the street in her heels to catch Jim before he completely leaves.
She can’t run all the way home in her posh fur coat and high heels, now can she?
Once the holy couple leaves, Heather calls the other O.C. ladies and their men over to the table to explain what just happened.
Vicki asks where Alexis is and Tamra rolls her eyes. Brooks makes a big deal about it and tells Vicki Tamra gave her the “evil eye.”
Brooks, please shut your mouth. You’re making us Southerners look bad enough.
The head to this boil growing between Vicki and Tamra is about to pop. Tamra stands and puts her fingers in their faces and Brooks and Vicki prepare to leave.
“Relax Vicki and stop letting him tell you what to do.” Tamra says all the magic words to set Vicki off.
She stands and gets in Tamra’s face, screaming a similar tune as she did with Gretchen earlier in the season at Bunco night.
After Vicki storms out with Brooks, Tamra talks with Brianna. Their feelings about Brooks are very similar. They don’t trust or like him.
Tamra gets teary-eyed over this because she cares about Vicki.
Vicki stands outside with Brooks and Ryan, trying to phone Brianna in hopes she hasn’t been poisoned by Tamra.
Ryan brings Brianna outside who wants to hear Vicki’s side of what happened.
“Did you see Tamra give you the evil eye?” she asks. Which is a good question because I don’t believe Vicki did. She was too worried about Alexis’s absence.
Brooks and Ryan look on from a short distance at the two women.
Brianna tells Vicki she’s going to alienate everyone indefinitely by leaving the party.
Apparently Vicki cares about her relationship with her daughter because she and Brooks quickly reconsider and head back inside.
As long as Brooks okayed it, Vicki’s fine with it. She continues to” stand by [her] man.”
So season 7 marks the solidification of Gretchen and Tamra’s friendship, the end of Tamra and Vicki’s, the pretentiousness of Alexis, and Heather as my fave O.C. wife — along with Terry as my fave person all around.
Marissa Jaret Winokur joins the cast of Retired at 35, playing David’s sister. The character is described as being bubbly and sharp-tongued, which seems right up Winokur’s alley. The season premiere airs tonight on TV Land. Catch up with all the TV you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live! With Kelly. The guest cohost is Tyler Perry, and Emma Stone, Joe Managaniello, and Sylvia Browne are the guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. The Rocky Horror Picture Show. A true classic. But it’s really not the same at 1:00 in the afternoon. The best way to see it is always at a midnight showing along with people bearing umbrellas and throwing toast at the screen. 11:00 AM CT Logo
3. Meet the Robinsons. Interesting animated Disney movie originally seen in 3D about an orphan who invents a time machine and is taken back to meet this very odd family. 3:00 PM CT Disney XD
4. U.S. Olympic Trials. Swimming finals from Omaha, NE. 7:00 PM CT NBC
5. The Catalina. During a beach polo tournament, Stephanie and Morgan find conflict, and the Kris’ behavior offends the staff. 7:00 PM CT CW
6. Hell’s Kitchen. The chefs create food for Tito Ortiz and Sugar Ray Leonard. 7:00 PM CT Fox
7. Fact or Faked. Ben and the team deliver twice the investigative action with a special two-hour season finale! 8:00 PM CT Syfy
8. Pretty Little Liars. Caleb isn’t happy with Hanna’s visits with Mona, Aria doesn’t want to tell Ella that Byron and Meredith are dating, and Spencer wants the truth about Melissa. 7:00 PM CT ABC Family
9. America’s Got Talent. The acts perform in Las Vegas, hoping to win a spot in the semi-finalists. 8:00 PM CT NBC
10. MasterChef. The chefs create dishes of high quality using ingredients that don’t total more than twenty dollars and try to prepare their favorite desserts during the elimination round. 8:00 PM CT Fox
11. Rizzoli & Isles. When the bodies of young women dressed up as dolls are found on the public transit system, Jane and Maura need to solve the crime by piecing clues together, Angela makes changes to the cafe, and Jane finds out more about Casey’s injury. 8:00 PM CT TNT
12. American Ninja Warrior. The top 30 of the Southeast qualifying round try to advance to the national finals. 8:00 PM CT G4
13. Hardcore Pawn. Tensions are at an all time high as Les aims to fire the next bumbling employee. But when Rich makes a colossal error it leads to an unforeseen ending that could change 25 years of history. 8:00 PM CT truTV
14. Jane by Design. Jane and Ben’s mother returns, causing different reactions from them, and Billy notices something strange about Zoe’s behavior. 8:00 PM CT ABC Family
15. The Real Housewives of Orange County. Season Finale: Part 2. The party continues (post-bow theft) and Alexis’ husband, Jim, decides to crash the event. Jim confronts Heather’s husband Terry for calling his wife fake. Brooks also instigates an explosive fight between Vicki and Tamra, and a fight between her and her daughter. 8:00 PM CT Bravo
16. What Not to Wear. A wheelchair athlete leaves her drab wardrobe behind in exchange for one that fits her positive attitude. 8:00 PM CT TLC
17. Mysteries at the Museum. Wildman travels to Cambridge, Washington, D.C. and New York City. 8:00 PM CT Travel Channel
18. Dance Moms. Abby enters Maddie in two competitions secretly, Abby choreographs a Hunger Games group number, and Brook drops out of the group number in order to go to a school dance. 8:00 PM CT Lifetime
19. 48 Hours Mystery. A soldier is the primary suspect in the murder of the woman he loves. 9:00 PM CT CBS
20. Love in the Wild. The couples use coconuts as barter to gain access to a jungle challenge, and the Couples’ Choice Ceremony shows off ulterior motives. 9:00 PM CT NBC
21. Franklin & Bash. Jared receives an order to serve as a small claims court judge, Jared and his dad face off in a case involving a rock star, and Infeld’s life coach is found to be a fraud. 9:00 PM CT TNT
22. Retired at 35. Season premiere. Alan wants Elaine back, but there could be another man in the picture, and asks for David and Amy to help. 9:00 PM CT TV Land
23. Hollywood Treasure. Joe goes inside the stunning studio of Hollywood makeup legend Greg Cannom. 9:00 PM CT Syfy
24. Storage Wars. In the first half hour, Jarrod and Brandi shop in Laguna Niguel, CA, Barry handles the competition, and a new buyer arrives. In the second half hour, the buyers shop in Lancaster, CA, and Brandi is annoyed by Jarrod’s cocky attitude. 9:00 PM CT A&E
25. Our America with Lisa Ling. A look at teenage mothers. 9:00 PM CT A&E
26. Pregnant in Heels. Two dads, enlist Rosie with helping them find a special signature “color” for their second surrogate child, Kiki. Rosie’s other client, Donna, also searches for a baby nurse….but putting them through a surveillance test. 9:00 PM CT Bravo
27. Bristol Palin: Life’s a Tripp. In the first half hour, Levi’s book is published and Bristol adjusts to L.A.. and Bristol begs Willow to come back. In the second half hour, Bristol sets up a meeting with Levi to discuss his place in Tripp’s life, while Willow doesn’t think Levi deserves another chance. 9:00 PM CT Lifetime
28. The Glee Project. The dancers perform to Moves Like Jagger and Milkshake. 9:00 PM CT Oxygen
29. Kendra on Top. Little Hanke experiences the red carpet for the first time, and a meeting with Rich Correll. 9:00 PM CT WE
30. Teen Mom. Gary and Leah visit rehab to see Amber, Farrah dates her neighbor, Maci goes on vacation with Ryan’s family, and Catelynn and Tyler think about letting Butch move in. 9:00 PM CT MTV
31. Conan. Russell Brand and Big K.R.I.T. are the guests tonight. 10:00 PM CT TBS
32. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The guests tonight include Matt LeBlanc, Robin Thicke, and crab-boat captains Sig Hansen and Keith Colburn. 10:35 PM CT NBC
“On Display,” switching sides, family, and rejection.
Jacqueline and Caroline have divorced themselves from Teresa. The fight of the previous night at Jacqueline’s house is affecting everyone, but not nearly as much as it is Jacqueline.
Jacqueline is distraught and has been crying all night from the exhausting quarrel and betrayal. Caroline has just literally washed her hands clean of Teresa and her drama.
What does this mean for the Napa trip?
Teresa is upset over what happened last night. She went to Dina (former New Jersey housewife) to vent.
Now Teresa is telling her husband, Joe, about the friendship divorce. It only fuels Joe’s hostility towards her former friends and their family.
Joe speaks his mind on the matter, “It’s over. You got me. Move on.” Short, man of few words, and fed up with any bull. That’s Joe Guidice for ya. He even tells Teresa to shut up about the drama—again. “I don’t wanna hear it!”
So now that Teresa has no friends on the show, what’s she gonna do. I suppose it does make sense to try and reach out to her biological family.
She begins with Kathy. Teresa wants to meet up and talk.
Once Teresa and Kathy meet up for mid day lunch, Teresa reveals why she basically reached out in the first place. Caroline and Jacqueline do not want to be her friends anymore.
The sweetest-person-in-the-world that Kathy is realizes Teresa’s motives for allies, but she’s family. They take a trip down memory lane and rehash all the good times they once had.
Melissa has a phone date with Ryan Seacrest for the “world premiere” of her re-mixed song “On Display.”
Seacrest calls and even Melissa picks up on the fact he isn’t a fan of the song, but she’s getting some airtime and hitting it big as far as she knows.
So what does it matter that Ryan Seacrest thinks your song is crap? It matters what the world thinks.
I kinda feel bad for Joe Guidice. Now that Teresa has lost her friends, she finds Joe to vent to.
He’s made it clear and continues to make it clear that he doesn’t give a you-know-what about the drama with Joe and Melissa Gorga or the Manzos and Lauritas or magzine stuff.
Teresa sits him down to explain that she’s decided to go to therapy with her brother.
“I feel embarrassed for you. Does your father know you’re going to therapy? He’ll probably bury his hand in sand like an ostridge.”
“Don’t you want us all to be a family?”
“Do I really care about seeing him and his wife? Not really.”
I’m probably the only one who finds this conversation between Teresa and Joe hilarious. Joe says what he means and means what he says. That’s with no filter or consideration for cameras or anyone’s feelings.
Melissa has a launch party for her “big” single, “On Display.” Some people on Twitter make their feelings brutally clear about the song, calling Melissa a “fame-whore.” That’s probably the nicest of the meaner tweets.
All the housewives are present at the launch party along with their families. Even Teresa and Joe come to help celebrate because Tre needs numbers on her side. That’s where family comes in for her.
Jacqueline dries her eyes and leaves the house to support Melissa. She also wants to see Teresa and know where things stand between them.
Teresa’s dissing body language lets Jacqueline know she doesn’t want to be bothered and that things are over between them. They can’t even be cordial.
Teresa comes in and greets Kathy who’s sitting right next to Jacqueline. Jacqueline who? Teresa walks on by to see her brother. It’s all about family now.
Joes is a bit taken aback when Teresa comes to him and says she wants to give therapy a try. She’s too cool and nice about it.
He’s never seen this Teresa before but he’ll take it. It’s better than nothing for constant fighting.
“Right now feels like old times.” Teresa smiles and acts all cheerful about Melissa’s success like she gives two cents.
The tension is bothering Jacqueline and she wants to find Teresa and talk.
It’s so not a good idea. Husband, Chris, and Caroline are against her doing so, but Jacqueline needs some kind of closure. Closure is the word because this is the end of a friendship.
After the argument and Jacqueline’s “F*** you” to Teresa, it’s over. Teresa puts on the family façade and Jacqueline and Caroline are done with her.
On the next episode: Teresa and Joe go to therapy together. More about the Napa trip.
Tonight a very deserving Shirley MacLaine will be presented with the AFI Life Achievement Award. On hand will be several stars, including Shirley’s brother, Warren Beatty, himself a previous AFI Life Achievement Award recipient, and her former costar Jack Nicholson, also a previous recipient. Catch it tonight on TV Land. Catch up on your other favorite shows at TV-Links.
1. Formula One Racing. European Grand Prix from Valencia Street Circuit in Valencia, Spain. 11:00 AM CT Fox
2. MLB Baseball. Atlanta Braves at Boston Red Sox. 12:30 PM CT TBS
3. Couples Retreat. A bored married couple tries to bring romance back to their marriage by going to a couples retreat, and invite some of their couple friends to join them. Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, Jason Bateman, and Kristen Bell costar. 1:30 PM CT USA
4. 2012 PGA Tour Golf. Final Round of Travelers Championship fro TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, CT. 2:00 PM CT CBS
5. U.S. Olympic Trials. Men’s 3-meter, and women’s 10- and 3-meter finals of Diving. 2:00 PM CT NBC
6. NASCAR Racing: Sprint Cup. Toyota/Save Mart 350 from Infineon Raceway in Sonoma CA. 2:00 PM CT TNT
7. Lady and the Tramp. It’s one of the best romances ever, and it’s between two animated dogs. 3:00 PM CT ABC Family
8. 60 Minutes. Author Greg Mortension Howard Buffett, Warren’s son and successor, and tennis player Novak Djokovic. 6:00 PM CT CBS
9. U.S. Olympic Trials. Track & Field Finals from Eugene, OR. 6:00 PM CT NBC
10. Sand Masters. Rusty Croft and the sand artists create an explosive sand sculpture as a target for the outrageous Southern Ohio Machine Gun Shoot. After getting their hands on some of the most awe-inspiring fully-automatic weapons in the world and taking aim at unusual targets including microwave ovens, televisions and radios, the sculptors attempt to build a sculpture that will capture the attention of the trigger-happy attendees. 6:00 PM CT Travel Channel
11. Dateline NBC. Three middle-class families now approach the poverty level for the first time. 7:00 PM CT ABC
12. Jerseylicous. A magazine chooses Anthony’s salon for a story, turning him into a tyrant and Cathy’s ideas for the article don’t coincide with Anthony’s vision. 7:00 PM CT Style
13. Mob Wives Chicago. Christina and Pia end their friendship, and Nora throws a memorial luncheon. 7:00 PM CT VH1
14. MLB Baseball. Detroit Boston Red Sox at Chicago Cubs. 7:00 PM CT ESPN
15. Falling Skies. The 2nd Mass moves to an airport hanger, Anne worries about the group’s health, the Berserkers come up with a plan to eliminate Tom, and a mysterious visitor arrives. 8:00 PM CT TNT
16. AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Shirley MacLaine. MacLaine is honored by Warren Beatty, Sally Field, Carrie Fisher, Morgan Freeman, Jack Nicholson, Sidney Poitier, Don Rickles,Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, and John Travolta. 8:00 PM CT TV Land
17. American Ninja Warrior. Southeast qualifying round. 8:00 PM CT G4
18. The Glades. Jim and Carlos closely examine the the battle between a nudist colony and developers for luxury condos, and Jennifer may be only professionally interested in Jim. 8:00 PM CT A&E
19. Sister Wives. After Logan’s graduation, he makes a decision about college, and Kody and wives work on getting the family back together. 8:00 PM CT TLC
20. Ice Road Truckers. The haul road experiences the biggest storm of the season, Jack Jesse is in danger after a trailer malfunction, Darrell tries to get through it all, and Porkchop speaks with the boss to a discuss a career-ending mistake. 8:00 PM CT HISTORY
21. Drop Dead Diva. Jane and Kim’s client sues the producer of a reality show, Parker’s son appears at the firm, Teri agrees to give Stacy a hand, and Grayson and Owen compete. 8:00 PM CT Lifetime
22. Snapped. A woman get revenge on a former Chicago Bears star’s girlfriend. 8:00 PM CT Oxygen
23. Empire Girls: Julissa & Adrienne. Adrienne gets ready to sing the national anthem for a Knicks game, and the girls’ moms sets them up with blind dates. 8:00 PM CT Style
24. True Blood. Bill and Erick barters for their lives with the Vampire Authority head, Sookie looks for help from Pam, Gordon and Barbara Pelt visit Gordon, and Jason sees his former high school teacher. 8:00 PM CT HBO
25. The Great Escape. Series premiere. Three teams are locked in cells in Alcatraz and have to break out and avoid the guards to win the challenge. 9:00 PM CT TNT
26. Longmire. Longmire looks for help from Henry Standing Bear in a case with two dead bodies that involves a Mexican drug cartel. 9:00 PM CT A&E
27. The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Teresa and Jacqueline face-off again after their last blowout at Melissa’s radio debut party, ending their 15-year friendship for good. Teresa also makes a final decision about going to therapy with her brother, and leans on her sister Kathy when it seems she’s at a loss for allies … 9:00 PM CT Bravo
28. Sister Wives Tell All. Kody and his wives talk about their lifestyle, Vegas, and their new book. 9:00 PM CT TLC
29. Army Wives. Claudia Joy recovers from surgery, David starts communicating with Marcus, Trevor gets concerned for Roxy, Hector and Gloria keep arguing, and a vacation becomes terrifying. 9:00 PM CT Lifetime
30. Bridezillas. Bridezilla Callie is marrying her Dutch suitor, Jeroen, in a New Orleans destination wedding. A bit of a language barrier between Callie and her future in-laws creates an imaginary feud that upsets Callie throughout the week. With last minute decisions to be made, Bridezilla Jeanine drags husband to be, Thomas, along with her to run errands. Only needing him to be a chauffeur, Jeanine has issues with Thomas as he breaks his silence to voice his opinion on wedding decisions. 9:00 PM CT WE
31. Newsroom. Behind-the-scenes of a nightly cable news show, focusing on the mission to present the news in the face of corporate and commercial difficulties, as well as personal hardships. Created by Aaron Sorkin, and starring Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, John Gallagher Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel, and Sam Waterston. 9:30 PM CT HBO
Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna, creators of the series Celebrity Ghost Stories, took part in a conference call to discuss their new Syfy series School Spirits, airing Wednesdays at 10/9c.
Jarrett and Isogna have created original entertaining series for Disney, TNT and now Syfy. Seth began his career as a film and television producer and director at MTV, VH1 and the Oxygen channel. His skills in directing and storytelling led to a full-fledged career with television.
Julie started at a senior talent and music executive at MTV, Lifetime and Oxygen. She had success partnering talent with original television concepts and developing ideas with celebrities and musicians to create memorable scripted and non-scripted programming.
With this series, Seth explained, “The stories are all based on firsthand accounts. They’re all students, faculty or alumni. The story is built around first person storytelling.” They look for “compelling stories that viewers can relate to.” Julie chimed in to explain that they took a “very cinematic approach to the recreations on the show; we wanted them to feel like movies.”
School Spirits is different from other paranormal shows because Seth found people who could corroborate these stories and people who by nature are very skeptical. “It wasn’t good enough to just have someone sit down and tell us a story. They want to believe.” There are historians, professors, news reporters and even police reports to back the stories, making it important to bring as much of this information and multiple voices to tell their stories accurately.
The show also does a lot of interviews; everyone involved does an interview, giving them as much useful information and details as possible to recreate their stories. It takes a fairly good amount of time to put together an episode, Seth factors in “the casting process, finding multiple and reliable voices and good solid stories.” They are not looking for everyday bumps in the night, but true paranormal stories that will send shivers up and down viewers’ spines.
Seth and Julie also look for individuals who are willing to not only share such personal stories, but embrace their experiences and have people who are willing to look further into the unknown. “Not every campus is willing to embrace their experiences, and in some cases the hauntings are really deep-rooted in their own history.” In some cases they needed to bring people in and let them be in their own environment.
There have been so many paranormal shows and so many investigators who claim to have all the answers, of at least some of them. One thing that makes this show interesting is you are looking at things from a student’s perspective or a professor’s prospective, making it still everyday people. These are also people who are learning and skeptical in general as to what they see and how they ask questions.
Seth and Julie’s staff members have some pretty detailed accounts of their own regarding a few paranormal events they have experienced, and Seth and Julie have included some of them on the show. As for himself, Seth doesn’t remember any specific hauntings that happened to him when he went to school in Binghamton, but a few things have happened since then.
There is a list of colleges that Julie and Seth visited and several more that they would like to go to/ Julie suggests NYU in New York, and Seth agrees it would be a good choice. Some of the colleges they have been to already include Ohio University, Michigan State, Drew University in New Jersey and many more.
Seth felt that some of the smaller schools gave off more paranormal energy, including Lebanon Valley College or Sweet Briar, with the latter’s school energy coming from the daughter of the founder of the school of the school. According to Seth, “You can’t get more entrenched in the school history than that.”
The paranormal hauntings are also not all related to tragedies. They may be people who passed from natural causes, or it may just be from a violent death or a suicide. “What is amazing for us is the way people describe their experiences. The feeling of coldness in the air or the feeling of fingers touching their shoulders and being touched by a spirit.” Seth still believes, unfortunately, that many hauntings are related to tragedy.
There is always an eerie feeling Seth and Julie get when they do the interviews. The first episode is set at the University of Michigan, and Seth felt there was a “balance of creepiness and nervousness.” The story is rooted in steep school history. It is a “journey back in time with an interesting resolution.”
Seth and Julie found it to be a great test to find the right age group. Seth discovered that in some cases people were haunted by terrible evil, violent spirits, even though “School is supposed to be the best time of your life.” That is until you find yourself haunted, and not just by mid-term finals.
The oldest story Seth has come across is Genesco which takes place in 1884. He tries to find some of the older witnesses who may have been around when the spirits were human beings just living life, but it is not an easy task. Julie agrees, wanting to find the witnesses who knew the spirits for future episodes.
Seth and Julie found an interesting story at Slippery Rock University and the University of Michigan runs with a fraternity story. They believe they are being haunted there by “a violent spirit, a man who hung himself over 150 years ago, not too far from their fraternity house.”
Seth and Julie are not only looking for reaction from the people telling the stories, want the viewers to feel what these people have gone through. They want to tell good stories with legitimate purpose and well researched information helps.
Julie and Seth agree on the one person who had an impact on them while filming. It was a young man named Chris. His experience lasted for a long period of time. He had an emotional journey and we all felt for him.” Julie felt Chris impacted her on a personal level, yet admits that the stories are all scary and compelling.
Ultimately they are searching for even more honest and compelling, truthful stories. Follow them all on School Spirits, Wednesdays at 10/9c on the Syfy channel.
I guess I’ve just always had weird sleep hours. I can remember when I was little waking up so early on the weekends that the Late, Late, Late Movie was still on. This picture of tonight’s Syfy movie, Arachnoquake, reminds me of a movie I remember watching early in the morning when I was young. A guy was somehow shrunk down, leaving him to have to do battle with a house spider. In tonight’s movie, spiders go on a murderous rampage through the Big Easy after being unleashed by an earthquake.
1. Casino. A Las Vegas casino run by the mob. Because of the mob and costars Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci, the movie always reminds me of GoodFellas. Sharon Stone and James Woods star as well. 1:45 PM CT Spike
2. PGA Tour Golf. Third round of Travelers Championship from TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, CT. 2:00 PM CT CBS
3. NASCAR Racing: Nationwide Series. Sargento 200 from Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. 2:30 PM CT ESPN
5. The Blue Lagoon. This is the cheesiest movie, but it’s definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I think I’m almost embarrassed to admit to how many times I have seen it. 3:00 PM CT Lifetime Movie Network
6. MLB Baseball. Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago White Sox. 6:00 PM CT Fox
7. U.S. Olympic Trials.Track & Field Finals. 7:00 PM CT NBC
8. How to Be a Gentleman. Andrew asks out a model, and Bert learns past events could have led to his commitment issues. 7:30 PM CT CBS
9. Arachnoquake. Massive earthquakes unleash giant albino spiders. Freed from their ancient subterranean prison, the spiders go on a murderous rampage through New Orleans. Starring Tracey Gold, Bug Hall, Ethan Phillips, and EDward Furlong 8:00 PM CT Syfy
10. Tanked: Unfiltered. A look back at the thanks built for an orthodontist’s office and an appliance store. 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
11. Jack and Jill. Adam Sandler plays adult twins, male and female, getting together for their annual Thanksgiving visit. Katie Holmes, Al Pacino, Allen Covert, and Nick Swardson also star. 8:00 PM CT Starz
12. 48 Hours Mystery. A serial killer in Long Island is involved in a major break in a case. 9:00 PM CT CBS
13. The Firm. Mitch defends JOey’s best buddy in order to settle the score between the McDeeres and Moroltos, and Abby realizes something about herself. 9:00 PM CT NBC
14. Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant 2012. 9:00 PM CT FX
15. Dog the Bounty Hunter. Dog deals with problems from within his team as he follows person who was at one time law abiding. 9:00 PM CT A&E