Carlos – Crudo. Gail said it was not sliced properly at all.
Justin – Rabbit. Tom said it was incredibly overcooked and undercooked at the same time. And the plating issues messed up the dish.
Chung – Cobia (it’s a fish) . Chang gave the dish a decent review.
BB – Tenderloin. Tom said it was nicely cooked and had a crispy outside. Gail said it was the best dish on the team.
Sara – Brown Butter cake. The cream broke, so she is missing a huge component. Gail called it a weird greasy cookie.
• Seriously with the cream cheese? Anyone else catch the stocked fridge?
• Was Padma wearing a bathrobe in the non-Quickfire?
• Why was Cap so good in the front? He said you always put the gays in the front of the house. I guess I can’t argue with success.
• Cmar likes scallops and corn. And I can’t see anything wrong with that.
• She also doesn’t think that gold reflects seafood. I think The Golden Lobster may be a great idea for a fantasy novel.
• Loved Carrie pretending to be a soccer mom in the car. The only thing missing – kid related trash strewn across the vehicle.
• Carlos actually built a restaurant from scratch – perhaps he should have played a larger role in this challenge.
• Shrimp heads and shrimp butter. I am intrigued and grossed out at the same time.
• Oh, and can we talk about the stunning red dress that Padma had on at the challenge? Please. I dig red dresses.
• Extra – The judges talk about opening a restaurant and Tom recalls losing a critic’s ticket.
Next week – Squirrel. Dishes from home. And a lot of tears.