LCK – Kish gets her shot at some revenge at Josie for last week as they match up in a challenge that takes them to Pike’s to get a whole salmon. Each get their fish tossed to them, Pike’s style. They must break the fish down into 10 pieces and make 10 dishes in 30 minutes. Josie takes the skin off, Kish doesn’t. That may have ended things right there. Tom finds it difficult watching them butcher the fish badly. CJ asks Josie what she is making…she says “salmon.” Sigh. Micah mocks her a bit by asking if she is cooking with her soul – that’s what she always says. She should have been cooking with Velcro, as she drops one of her 10 pieces of salmon and has to quickly cook another.
Kish – Crispy Salmon with Pickled Pineapple, Raisins, Shaved Cauliflower, and Crème Fraiche
Josie – Fennel Pollen Dusted Salmon with Fennel, Radish and Tarragon Salad
CJ thinks Kish knocked it out of the effin park. Tom seems to agree. Josie’s is overcooked, and Kish’s only issue is non-plump raisins. She survives again. CJ ended Yagi Bear’s Save a Chef streak and now faces a text and Tweet war with Josie. We are inching closer to a Kish vs. CJ rematch to rejoin the competition.
• Am I the only one, or does everyone find Brooke’s right tricep star tattoos incredibly sexy?
• Lizzie wins the title of Best Death Stare as she endured Josie’s crying in the bedroom.
• “You have to be able to handle your fish properly.” Is that a new euphemism?
• Love the awkward teenage Stefan on the ski slope. And could that be more stereotypical Scandinavian?
• When was the last time Emeril had Chicken Cordon Bleu? Two flights ago. Ba Dum Bum.
• Extra – Brooke is eating all the frozen yogurt as Papa Smurf plays the ukulele.
Next Week – An Alaskan cruise for the Top Five with Tom, Padma, Monobrow and Stone from Masters. I wonder if they can see Russia.