It just doesn’t get any better than A Charlie Brown Christmas, does it? It has to be my ultimate favorite Christmas special. It’s one you just can’t see enough. Catch up with all the TV you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live with Kelly. Derek Hough (wow, really?) guest cohosts, and Jeffrey Donovan, Elizabeth Olsen, and Paula Deen are the guests today. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. The View. Jane Fonda and Paul Anka are the guests today. 10:00 AM CT ABC
3. Real Genius. I must admit my husband has always compared me to the girl in this movie refinishing the floors in the middle of the night. She and a group of guys that includes Val Kilmer are part of a school for extremely intelligent high schoolers and work on a top secret laser project. 12:15 PM CT AMC
4. The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The guests today include Josh Duhamel and Laura Dern. Syndicated, check local listings.
5. Evan Almighty. Sequel to Bruce Almighty without Jim Carey, but bringing back Morgan Freeman, and a larger role for Steve Carell. 4:00 PM CT E!
6. Strangers No More. For many children, going to school is as simple as a trip around the block. For others, it means a long and dangerous journey through deserts and war zones. In the volatile Middle East, some students have found happy refuge at Bialik-Rogozin, a public school in the heart of Tel Aviv that welcomes Jews, Christians and Muslims from 48 countries. Many arrive fleeing violent pasts, and others have limited, if any, prior education. For every child who attends Bialik-Rogozin, the school is like a home. Here, no child is a stranger. 5:45 PM CT HBO
7. The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur. Series Premiere of new nightly new program. 5:45 PM CT Current
8. How I Met Your Mother. Robin decides to keep the bad news to herself, and Marshall decorates for the holidays. 7:00 PM CT CBS
9. Sing Off. Groups from all three seasons perform in this holiday special. Flo Rida performs as well. 7:00 PM CT NBC
10. Charlie Brown Christmas. I have many favorite Christmas specials, but when forced to choose just one, I think it has to be this one. We have Linus to thank for explaining the reason for the season. 7:00 PM CT ABC
11. Gossip Girls. Lily hosts a part for Charlie, Charlie’s ex interferes with her future, and Dan decides to reveal his feelings to BLair. 7:00 PM CT CW
12. American Country Awards. Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth host. Is it me, or do we have too many country music awards shows? 7:00 PM CT Fox
13. Saved. An autistic woman suffering from anxiety attacks is bullied, and a man tries to fend off an attacking bear. 7:00 PM CT Animal Planet
14. The Mortified Sessions. Series premiere of a celebrity interview show. Featured tonight are Ed Helms, Mo’Nique, and Eric Stonestreet. Find out more on the show’s Facebook page. 7:00 PM CT Sundance
15. 2 Broke Girls. Caroline and Max try to get Chestnut a job in order to be sure he has winter lodging. 7:30 PM CT CBS
16. Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice. Lanny and Wayne try to recover classified North Pole technology that is being held by someone on the naughty list. 7:30 PM CT ABC
17. NFL Football. San Diego Chargers at Jacksonvill Jaguars. 7:30 PM CT ESPN
18. Two and a Half Men. Just when Walden is trying to impress a new woman, Bridget reappears. 8:00 PM CT CBS
19. You Deserve It. A sister tries to win money for her brother who is a former Naval Corpsman who lost a leg in Iraq and now wants to become a doctor of prosthetics. 8:00 PM CT ABC
20. Hart of Dixie. Zoe coaches Rose for the Miss Cinnamon Cider Pageant to compete against the sister of Lemon, and George and Wade get the Christmas tree for the town square. 8:00 PM CT CW
21. The Closer. Santa’s zip line entry into Christmas Village doesn’t go as planned, and Buzz’s sister helps solve a case. 8:00 PM CT TNT
22. American Chopper. “The Build-Off.” 8:00 PM CT Discovery
23. Neverland. Part Two of the miniseries. 8:00 PM CT Syfy
24. The Long Island Serial Killer. The perspectives of a besieged Oak Beach community and family trying to find their daughters’ killers are shown. 8:00 PM CT A&E
25. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Brandi hosts a party for the women that only ignites tension. 8:00 PM CT Bravo
26. Vanguard: Two Americas The Occupy Wall Street movement sweeping the nation is a manifestation of the frustration over the inequality between the wealthiest 1% of Americans, who saw their income grow 275% over the last 30 years, and the rest of the nation, who had an 18% growth in theirs over the last 30 years. “Two Americas” takes a ground level survey of the growing economic disparity in America, profiling a month in the lives of two families who live 40 miles apart in the Houston, TX, area who are in very different tax brackets. 8:00 PM CT Current
27. Cake Boss: Next Great Baker. The contestants are tasked with creating life-sized cakes for mystery clients posing as models. 8:00 PM CT Bravo
28. The Layover. Tony travels to Rome where he has just over 30 hours to explore the Eternal City. He sets off to explore and eat as much as he can in a whirlwind tour from the banks of the Tiber River to deep into the crooked ancient alleyways. Using classic Roman modes of transport including tiny Vespa wheels, trolley tracks, and, of course, by foot, he dives into Roman culture and explains the do’s and don’ts of traditions, both ancient and fashionably new. From classic espresso, a bowl of steaming Caccio e Pepe, to a stream of Negronis, Tony takes in Rome from dusk till way after dark. 8:00 PM CT Travel Channel
29. Mike & Molly. Molly looks for help from Mike when she’s overwhelmed with Thanksgiving prep and wedding plans. 8:00 PM CT CBS
30. Enlightened. Amy leaves her mother home alone when she heads to work, Helen runs into an old acquaintance, and Levi confronts Helen about her involvement in his breakup with Amy. 8:30 PM CT HBO
31. Hawaii Five-0. McGarrett and the others investigate a missing school bus loaded with children. 9:00 PM CT CBS
32. Rock Center with Brian Williams. 9:00 PM CT NBC
33. Castle. Beckett and Castle have no memory of how they became handcuffed together in a bed in a locked room. 9:00 PM CT NBC
34. Rizzoli & Isles. A bank manager is shot in the process of a robbery, and Jane’s brother could be headed for more trouble as he continues with his relationship with Maura. 9:00 PM CT TNT
35. Scouted. Bar Rafaeli gives advices to Valanteen, and Kelsie is given a second chance. 9:00 PM CT E!
36. Candy Queen. In the first half hour, Jackie creates a giant candy country fair for Hank Azaria’s children’s charity. In the second half hour, she needs to create two over-the-top candy sculptures in the same day. 9:00 PM CT TLC
37. Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too. Three former Bad Girls look for love with thirteen eligible bachelors. 9:00 PM CT Oxygen
38. Late Show with David Letterman. The guests tonight include Jonah Hill (looking fabulous, I’ll add!), Kristen Johnston, and Ryan Adams. 10:35 PM CT CBS