It’s great to see the tree in Rockefeller Center lit up every year, but what keeps us tuning into this every year is the performances, this year by Justin Bieber, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, and Tony Bennett, among others. Besides, The Middle is a repeat. Check out your other favorite shows at TV-Links.
1. Legends of the Fall. One of Brad Pitt’s earliest movies, back when he was thought of as a love god, and not the dad to Angelina Jolie’s brood. He stars with Anthony Hopkins, Aidan Quinn, and Samuel Thomas in this movie of a father and his sons in early 20th century Montana. 9:40 AM CT Starz East
2. The View. The guests today include Jeremy Piven and Dane Cook. 10:00 AM CT ABC
3. The Talk. Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Mitchell are among the guests. 1:00 PM CT CBS
4. The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Kristin Chenoweth, Kym Douglas, and Stevie Wonder are the guests today. Syndicated, check local listings.
5. Stand By Me. What a great coming of age flick, starring Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, and Jerry O’Connell. 4:00 PM CT Ion
6. Survivor: South Pacific 7:00 PM CT CBS
7. Christmas in Rockefeller Center. The 79th annual tree-lighting ceremony in New York, hosted by Al Roker and Savannah Guthrie. Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Michael Bublé, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, Carole King, Katharine McPhee, Javier Colon, and Megan Hilty are scheduled to perform. 7:00 PM CT NBC
8. Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. The Muppets accidentally stop three letters from reaching Santa Claus, prompting Kermit and the others to attempt to deliver the letters themselves. Guest appearances include Whoopi Goldberg, Uma Thurman, and Nathan Lane. 7:00 PM CT CW
9. X-Factor. The Final 7 perform after last week’s cutthroat elimination of two. 7:00 PM CT ABC
10. Harry’s Law. Harry and Adam represent parents whose son died after a concussive blow during a high-school football game, leading Harry to look into the dangers of football injuries, and Tommy’s client is a single mom who robbed a bank. 8:00 PM CT NBC
11. America’s Next Top Model. The final four are tasked with writing a fashion blog for the Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia and work with Tyra on a motion editorial. 8:00 PM CT CW
12. Ghost Hunters. Amy and Adam are investigating the dungeon room of the Morse Mill Hotel, where it is claimed that slaves were chained to the walls. While Amy is trying to figure out the best position to be in the room, Adam feels something touch his elbow but he couldn’t find anything around him that could account for the touch. After an EVP session, they move to another part of the basement to try and engage the ghosts. While standing around and waiting for a sign, Amy feels something touch her elbow, the same side elbow as Adam. 8:00 PM CT Syfy