I wasn’t particularly feeling the Christmas mood so far. I suspect I will be tonight, though, after watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I can’t wait to sing that song with the Whos! Catch up with all the TV you may have missed at TV-Links.
1. Live with Kelly. Nail patrick Harris guest cohosts, and Angie Harmon and Avril Lavigne are the guests today. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. The Breakfast Club. Out of all the Brat Pack/John Hughes movies, I think this one will stand the test of time the most. Just in case you wanted to feel old, it’s been 26 years. 11:40 AM CT HBO Comedy
3. The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The guests today include Minnie Driver and Sarah Hyland. Syndicated, check local listings.
4. Sex and the City. I hadn’t watched the series save for one or two times until the movie came out. I so much enjoyed the movie, I’ve now seen every episode of the series. I’m glad I didn’t wait until the second movie, as it’s not nearly as good as this one. 3:00 PM CT E!
5. Sing Off. Smokey Robinson performs, and the final three perform one last time before the winner is announced. 7:00 PM CT NBC
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Nothing fails to put me in the Christmas mood like the carton version of this story. There’s just something about all those little Whos standing in a circle holding hands around the Christmas tree singing Welcome Christmas that gets to me every time. 7:00 PM CT ABC
7. Gossip Girls. Lily, Serena, and CHarlie can’t wait for a Studio 54 party celebrating CeCe, Nate’s first big Spectator story involves someone he knows well, and blair looks for help in an unexpected place. 7:00 PM CT CW
8. Terra Nova. Faced with a prehistoric enemy, Taylor and Mira have to put aside their differences, and Jim gets closer to finding the mole. 7:00 PM CT Fox
9. Cake Boss: Family Secrets. The inside scoop on the Carlo’s Bakery family is given. 7:00 PM CT TLC
10. Saved. A girl with seizures, and the best friend of a teen is murdered. 7:00 PM CT Animal Planet
11. Basketball Wives LA. More reminiscing by the cast members. 7:00 PM CT VH1
12. Love Lust. There’s only one way to start the day out right … a good breakfast. It’s the one meal that both conquers our hearts and binds our relationships. Part commercial enterprise and part motherly love, breakfast fills our stomachs and our obsessions – whether your taste is for fluffy pancakes, crackling bacon, power-ups, or bagels and lox. 7:00 PM CT Sundance
13. Shrek the Halls. Shrek, Fiona, and the kids celebrate the holidays as a family, but it turns chaotic with visits from Donkey, Gingerbread Man, Puss n Boots and the others. 7:30 PM CT ABC
14. NFL Football. New York Giants at New Orleans Saints. 7:30 PM CT ESPN
15. You Deserve It A woman wanting to win money for her mother who is about to lose her non-profit organization that helps local community members. 8:00 PM CT ABC
16. Hart of Dixie. Zoe’s obligation to get 30% of her practice’s patients complicates her trip home, Lavon wants Wade to be honest about how he feels, and Lemon isn’t happy when George gets a job offer from his dad. 8:00 PM CT CW
17. House. A prosecutor has what he believes is a heart attack during an interrogation of a witness, Will wants to prove House is hiding something, and Park begins to lose her inhibitions. 8:00 PM CT Fox
18. The Closer. While trying to fix his school, a high school principal is shot, and Brenda and Fritz disagree over who should cover the case. 8:00 PM CT TNT
19. American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior. A recap of pranks that include an air-gun at OCC headquarters, scooter jousting, and helicopter drops. 8:00 PM CT Discovery
20. Hoarders. A woman’s kidneys are failing because of a virus contracted from her toxic house, yet she continues to hoard when she moves in with her sister. 8:00 PM CT A&E
21. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Taylor is afraid she’ll run into Camille at Adrienne’s fashion show. 8:00 PM CT Bravo
22. Vanguard: The War on Weed Christof Putzel takes a look at how America’s biggest cities are taking very different approaches to weed. It’s high times in LA (and California) where laws have been dramatically relaxed in recent years. In contrast, New York is seeing more and more of its citizens arrested for low-level pot offenses, disproportionately affecting minorities. It is a big business in Denver where local government supports the economic benefits of the plant and in Seattle, while marijuana is illegal; local officials have made enforcing the law the lowest priority for the police. 8:00 PM CT Current
23. Cake Boss: Next Great Baker. The bakers utilize teams to create a four-foot tall cake, and Buddy issues a challenge for immunity. 8:00 PM CT Bravo
24. The Layover. Tony heads to his hometown of New York. 8:00 PM CT Travel Channel
25. Bored to Death. Jonathan becomes a hostage, Ray uses his fans, and George hosts a wedding. 8:00 PM CT HBO
26. Enlightened. Amy and Dougie’s conflict reaches its high point before ending, and Amy wants a favor from Krista. 8:30 PM CT HBO
27. Rock Center with Brian Williams. Stories on how a retailer operates despite an increasing reliance on government food, and cheating in Atlanta that led to improved standardized test results. 9:00 PM CT NBC
28. Rizzoli & Isles. A community activist is gunned down, leading a witness to agree to testify against a gang member. Bill O’Reilly criticizes the police department. 9:00 PM CT TNT
29. Scouted. An inside look at New York’s ultra-competitive fashion-modeling industry as it follows people plucked from obscurity and put to the test to see if they can pull it off. 9:00 PM CT E!
31. Bachelorette Party: Las Vegas. Deanna finds out from a medium that a truth could call off her Greek-themed wedding. 9:00 PM CT Oxygen
32. Turf War Holiday 2011. expert host and licensed landscape contractor Ahmed Hassan unleashes the ultimate Christmas-inspired makeover competition, with the battleground including both the back and front yards. 9:00 PM CT DIY
33. Urban Legends. We’re introduced to Guy McMurray who decides to leave work early to check on his girlfriend that he hadn’t been able to reach all day. Something was telling him to see if she was alright and decides to take a short cut through a back alley in hopes to make it there faster. Though during his route, he hears a cry coming from a nearby dumpster and decides to investigate further. 10:00 PM CT Syfy