I don’t know if I’m smarter than Larry the Cable Guy. I think to pull off that character, that he actually is really smart. You can see glimpses of it in the humor. It’ll be interesting then to see how he does tonight and how often he needs help from the 5th graders. Or will he chuck his own personal knowledge and just stay in character?
1. Regis and Kelly. Guests include Daniel Radcliffe and Tom Cavanagh. Also, a grilling segment and the end of Sleep Week. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Airheads. An up-and-coming rock group becomes desperate to have their music heard on the radio and holds a radio station hostage. Stars Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, and Michael McKean. How’s that for a talented group? 10:05 AM CT HBO Zone
3. Thelma & Louise. Mad at the men in your life? This movie will take care of that. 6:30 PM CT WE
4. Chopping Block. Another series finishing out what’s in the can after its cancellation. Tonight the couples prepare two services, breakfast and lunch. One couple becomes overwhelmed, and another gets a huge advantage by finding out who the food critic is. The teams will try to recreate one of Marco’s dishes. 7:00 PM CT NBC
5. Surviving Suburbia. Another series finishing out what’s in the can after its cancellation. After Anne gets a job, Steve takes over her chores and is surprised to learn how much she really does. Jenna is accused by Henry of stealing. 7:00 PM CT ABC
6. Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. It’s the first of several celebrity editions, up tonight is Larry the Cable Guy, playing for the Arnold Palmer Center Foundation. 7:00 PM CT Fox
7. The Goode Family. Gerald confronts a local celebrity chef after he’s tricked into eating what was supposed to be meatless chili but really had chicken in it, and Che goes missing. 7:30 PM CT ABC
8. Dateline NBC. Apparently this is the rest of the story that we didn’t get to see in the movie The Departed. 8:00 PM CT NBC
9. Mental. A patient comes back with his OCD and Tourette’s syndrome getting worse and his wife encourages him to have unproven brain surgery, leadng the doctors to suspect she has her own issues. Jack falls for a neurosurgeon. 8:00 PM CT Fox
10. Eureka. Carter interviews for job with the Dept. of Homeland Security after he is terminated as sheriff. This leads Deputy Lupo to resign when she finds out the new sheriff is a personable robot. 8:00 PM CT Syfy
11. Whale Wars. The ship gets quarantined after an Anthrax scare, and the first mate of the Sea Shepherds resigns. 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
12. 20/20. Tim Allen talks lighthearedly about cars in this interview with Bill Weir. 9:00 PM CT ABC
13. Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien. Tonight’s guests are Bob Newhart, Cat Deeley, and Ray LaMontagne. 11:37 PM CT CBS