So You Think You Can Dance is down to the final fourteen, meaning only seven dances … and a lot of filler. Last year they filled up the time with auditions we didn’t see. Is that what they’ll do tonight? In a future episode, per Nigel Lythgoe’s Twitterings, they’ll be doing a Michael Jackson special. The choreographers already picked out the songs they want, and Nigel’s trying to work with Paula Abdul as well. They’re just working on clearing the music with Sony.
1. Regis and Kelly. Bryant Gumbel guest co-hosts, with John Leguizamo as a guest, and 4th of July Entertaining Week continues with party-game ideas. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Wibledon: Men’s quarterfinals. Tennis Quarterfinal round play from the men in London. 10:00 AM CT NBC
3. Caddyshack. It’s hard to believe it’s almost been thirty years since this movie was out. There isn’t any part of this movie that isn’t fun. It stars Michael O’Keefe, Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray, and Ted Knight. 5:00 PM CT AMC
4. Wipeout. The obstacles tonight include Spiked Fenders, Spinning Triangles, and Drop Bridge. 7:00 PM CT ABC
5. So You Think You Can Dance. The top 14 dancers perform, meaning they’ll have a good deal of filler in this two hours, to have just seven dances. 7:00 PM CT Fox
6. America’s Got Talent. It just doesn’t get any better than that 8th grade girl singing Jennifer Holliday last night, and the guy at the end was so captivating 8:00 PM CT NBC
7. I Survived a Japanese Game Show. Tonight the contestants have to blow ping pong balls into bins while being attacked with foam hammers, transort milk on a conveyor belt while wearing goggles that are sight-impairing, and belly flop onto balloons in hopes of popping them. 8:00 PM CT ABC
8. Tyler Perry’s House of Payne. In the first half hour tonight, Miranda and Calvin face difficulties conceiving and consult a doctor whose directions leaves Calvin fatigued. In the second half hour, Ella goes to a health and wellness randy with Curtis to try and lose weight and run into Ella’s trianer, Francois. 8:00 PM CT TBS
9. Gordon Ramsay’s F Word. Ramsay and comedian Ben Miller face off against each other in a Victoria sponge cake bakeoff. Janet Street-Porter tries ostrich and makes a healthy homemade meal. 8:00 PM CT BBC
10. Monsters Inside Me. A look at the creates that take up residence inside unsuspecting hosts. Yuck 8:00 PM CT Animal Planet
11. The Philanthropist. Teddy goes to Myanmar to get advice from an esteemed local leader after his company is accused of ties to forced labor. He encounters a young girl there in need of a kidney transplant. Her father is a suitable donor, but is being held at a forced labor camp. 9:00 PM CT NBC
12. Primetime: Crime. The season premiere follows the murder case of a San Diego defense lawyer who was found murdered in his home, as his stepchildren are charged with the slaying. 9:00 PM CT ABC
13. Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns. In the first half hour tonight, Will’s attractive ex arrives for a fundraiser, setting off jealousy in Sahsa, as Edna and London get together to throw a Botox party. In the second half hour, When Brown is shot in the butt during a convenience store robbery, he eploits it for his own gain, and a health scare convinces Edna to change. 9:00 PM CT TBS
14. Michael Jackson. The life and career of the pop star are recalled via home videos and interviews with his family and friends. 9:00 PM CT E!
15. Tattoo Highway. A new tattoo artist joins the bus and has her first job in Salt Lake City, creating a tattoo for a man who wants to memorialize his brother, but Tommy isn’t happy with her work, and a photographer gets a tattoo to memorialize her dog in the first half hour. In the second, Thomas has a meltdown when people complain during a trip to Salt Lake City with a new driver, and he tattoos a woman who lost her arm in a motorcycle accident.Â 9:00 PM CT A&E
16. Real World. Jonna and CJ get closer, with the feud between Ayiiia and Joey intisifying, and the roommates meet their new boss, learning what their jobs will be. 9:00 PM CT MTV