Yesterday, much of the coverage of the death of Farrah Fawcett was immense sadness, of a beautiful and loving woman taken down way too young. By the time the news hit about Michael Jackson, it was just pure shock. Today the coverage will start to move past the shock and to the blame and questions. A Jackson family attorney was speaking very loudly last night, comparing his death to that of Elvis and Anna Nicole Smith, suggesting that doctors had been giving him scripts for unneeded prescription meds for far too long. It’s hard to tell what will be covering this tonight, but expect the autopsy results to be dominating a lot of coverage, and expect Dateline NBC and 20/20 to have something on at least one of the icons we lost this week.
1. Regis and Kelly. William Shatner is the guest co-host, with Ray Romano and Megan Fox as guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Romancing the Stone. This movie was on HBO hundreds of times after it first came out, and I think I watched it each and every time it was on. Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas as unlikely romantic interests.1:30 PM CT WE
3. Sweet Home Alabama. Reese Witherspoon plays a fashion designer from New York that has to go back home to Alabama to dissolve her first marriage to a redneck before she can marry the much more suave Patrick Dempsey. 6:00 PM CT USA
4. Chopping Block. Another series finishing out what’s in the can after its cancellation. Tonight the couples shop in Little Italy, then prepare a luncheon for Italian customers, including Vincent Pastore, Federico Castelluccio, and Mario Batali. They’ll compete for an espresso macine and barista services. 7:00 PM CT NBC
5. Surviving Suburbia. Low money in the till worries Steve, as Anne tries to convince Henry why it’s important to attend college. 7:00 PM CT ABC
6. Virtuality. A virtual reality device on a spaceship helps those onboard cope with the 10 year mission. When it malfuncions, it puts the crew, and the fate of their planet, in jeopardy. 7:00 PM CT Fox
7. The Goode Family. Helen invites an important guest to Greenville for the Eco Festival, but he turns out to be just a freeloader. 7:30 PM CT ABC
8. Dateline NBC. No infomation is available at this time, and with the news yesterday, it’s hard to tell what stories they’ll be featuring by this evening. 8:00 PM CT NBC
9. Whale Wars. The Sea Shepherds get back to port to refuel, a crew member is injured in a dispute with the japanese, and another wants to leave. Paul gets a threatening letter. 8:00 PM CT Discovery
10. The List. A teenager who’d like to be a model gets to walk the runway at a fashion event, and and after training with skater Emanuel Sandhu, a woman does a figure skating routine at a show. 8:00 PM CT FLN
11. 20/20. The same thing applies here as it does for Dateline NBC. This was originally supposed to be the interview with Ryan O’Neal and Barbara Walters that actually aired last night. 9:00 PM CT ABC
12. Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien. Conan calls on Snoop Dogg and Adele to be his guests tonight, and I’m guessing they’ll have special Michael Jackson memories.. 10:35 PM CT NBC