One of the most interesing new shows this summer is Obsessed on A&E. From the same people behind Intervention, it follows people with anxiety orders. More than just people with fears of germs, it goes beyond that, following people that scrub themselves bloody and have pointed irritances such as the way family members say the K sound and touch things softly. As shocking as some of it is, we all know we have a little bit of it insiside each of us.
1. Regis and Kelly. Megan Mullaly guest co-hosts, and Jack Black guests. Also starting is a Summer School Pop Quiz. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Today. In the last hour of the show (I still think of it as the “extra hour”), Jada Pinkett Smith guests, promoting her new TNT series HawthoRNe. Bethenny Frankel of Real Housewives of New York City guests as well 11:30 AM CT Retro
3. Fame. Before this movie, I think the majority of the country didn’t even realize they had special high schools for exceptionally talented students. The music here is stuff that legends are made of. Interesting to note, a remake is in the works and due out in September. 2:30 PM CT Indie
4. Untraceable. This is the type of thriller I really enjoy. Diane Lane stars as an FBI agent tracking a killer that uses the internet to show his victims being tortured. 2:45 PM CT Starz East
5. I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! Frances left because she couldn’t stand to be there without best friend Angela, but somethign tells me watching brother Daniel leave didn’t force Stephen 7:00 PM CT NBC
6. The Bachelorette. Still in Canada, Jillian and the Bachelors go to a British Columbia resort, with the rumor of some of the guys having girlfriends hanging over her. They go snowmobiling for a group date and have one-on-ones zip-trekking and on a ski plane. One date ends in a hot tub. Will she repeat what she did with Jason Mesnick? 7:00 PM CT ABC
7. Greek. In the season finale, Kappa Tau is hosting an End of the World parthy, and Casey is still experiencing conflicting feelings for Marx and Cappie. Ashleigh gets accused of sabotaging a homecoming float, and Dale and Calvin both take a purity pledge. 7:00 PM CT ABC Family
8. The Closer. A greedy financier is being investigated for investment fraud, and when he’s abducted, Brenda wonders if he may have staged it. Provenza continues his odd behavior, and Brenda’s cat is still having medical problems. 8:00 PM CT TNT
9. Intervention. Crack addiction is the subject handled tonight 8:00 PM CT A&E
10. Larry King Live. Jeff Foxworthy and last year’s American Idol winner David Cook are the guests. 8:00 PM CT A&E
11. Jon & Kate Plus 8. The American Chopper guys visit the Gosselins to build a custom bike for Jon. 8:00 PM CT TLC
12. Dateline NBC. The Las Vegas police are followed on their arrests, including the police going after would-be pimps by pretending to be a prostitute, an auto theft squad tracking cars designed to be stolen, and a man telling police about his counterfeit money scam. 9:00 PM CT NBC
13. Here Come the Newlyweds. The newlyweds have their teamwork skills tested by designing carnival games with neighborhood kids. In a separate challenge, the husbands have to guess what their wives think their shortcomings are when it comes to intimacy. 9:00 PM CT ABC
14. Raising the Bar. Jerry and Michelle present a case in front of an overly strict new judge, and Michelle falls for a cop who could be committing perjury. Another case revolves around two older twins that stand accused of forging a welfare check, and Marcus dates a politic figure. 9:00 PM CT TNT
15. 4th and Long. Hall of Famer Roger Staubach makes an appearance as the hopeful football players clash in a yards-after-contact drill. 9:00 PM CT Spike TV
16. Obsessed. Profiled tonight are a man who hoards things, so much so that he has to sleep outside with no room in his apartment, and a woman has obsessive thougths about death. 9:00 PM CT A&E
17. Kathy Griffin: My Life On the D-List. Kathy networks for a Grammy win for Best Comedy Album, soliciting votes by contating former winners and traveling to Canda to meet with Lily Tomlin. 9:00 PM CT Bravo
18. Weeds. Nancy makes a vist to Guillermo in prison, Celia devotes time to the rebel camp by organizating their supplies, Shane decides to visit Nancy’s estranged sister, and Silas and Doug are having second thoguhts about the pot-growing plot. 9:00 PM CT Showtime East
19. Nurse Jackie. An administrator accident dumps a narcotic in her coffee instead of artifical sweentener after Jackie makes the substitution (I wonder if they’ll even use Skinny and Sweet brand like they did on 9 to 5), and a student nursehas second thoughts but her career choice, and a patiently who is unruly and stirring things up. 9:30 PM CT Showtime East
20. Chelsea Lately. Betty White is the guest, and I would love it if Chelsea played some beer pong with her like Jimmy Fallon did. I hope they at least talk about it. 10:00 PM CT E!