After a quick week-and-a-half of auditions, followed by the Las Vegas Callbacks, the top 20 perform for the first time tonight on So You Think You Can Dance. Who’s going to be the first couple to hop on Mary Murphy’s Tamale Train?
1. Regis and Kelly. The guests today include Alan Alda and organic gardening expert Scott Meyer. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Remember the Titans. Denzel Washington did not win an Oscar for this film and in fact wasn’t even nominated, but should have been. This true story should have earned at least a nomination for the writers as well. 11:35 AM CT Encore East
3. P.S. I Love You. This romantic comedy starring Hillary Swank, Kathy Bates, Harry Connick, Jr. is among my favorites. The movie’s good, but the soundtrack is to die for. Some great modern Irish folk stuff. Read my review at Film Montly. 2:20 PM CT HBO Comedy East
4. Jurassic Park. Steven Spielberg and Michael Crichton came together for this movie that capitalized on the dinosaur craze at the time. Or maybe it’s that the craze was created from the movie. It stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum. 4:00 PM CT Cinemax West
5. I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here. I was wondering how we’d get along without Speidi, but rest assured, I’m finding several other irritants in the camp, including Janice Dickinson, who I started out liking, and Daniel Baldwin. And now Heidi’s sister is joining the show? I believe it’s about to get really heated. 7:00 PM CT NBC
6. Wipeout. We get a double serving tonight, with two episodes in a row. 7:00 PM CT ABC
7. So You Think You Can Dance. The top 20 dancers perform tonight for the first time. 7:00 PM CT Fox
8. Larry King Live. The guest tonight is Kathy Griffin of My Life On the D-List. 8:00 PM CT CNN
9. The Unusuals. A drug store owner is shot and murdered while running naked down a street, and Walsh and Shraeger are called on to investigate. Beaumont and Cole attempts to find the person that stole tapes from an apology line service, and Delahoy gets an MRI. 9:00 PM CT ABC
10. Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns. In the first half hour tonight, Brown secretly taps into an online dating service wanting to arrange a date for Cora. London and Jesus prepare Miss Daisy for an audition. In he second half hour, Will plans to go to “career day” at Brianna’s school, but Brown replaces him in an emergency, causing him to see he needs a fashion makeover. 9:00 PM CT TBS
11. Tattoo Highway. The bus goes to Albuquerque for a Tahitian dancer to get a tattoo on her back to cover and older one, and two Marines get tattoos as well. In the second half hour, the bus stops in San Francisco for Thomas to get a tattoo of a Buddhist monk on his calf. A man guest a tattoo of a koi fish as well. 9:00 PM CT A&E
12. Top Chef Masters. A spinoff a Top Chef, this one includes 24 notable chefs, working on winning $100,000 for charity. Hubert Keller, Christopher Lee, Michael Schlow, and TIm Love square off tonight. 9:00 PM CT Bravo
14. The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien. Tonight Conan’s guests are Dane Cook, Steven Ho, and Rancid. 10:35 PM CT NBC