Tonight completes the changing of the guard. Did everyone else see Jay Leno’s last show on Friday night? I thought he did a fantastic job closing a show he wasn’t quite ready to give up. He paid homage to everyone that has worked on the show, especially his successor. And the most touching thing was bringing out the first baby born to the Tonight Show family during his tenure, then showing the other 67 as well. It says something about the man, how important family is to him, and that he truly understands the definition of family. I’m wondering if Conan will bring some of the earlier night values into his show as well, yet still keep the goofy, funny, quirkiness. I would love to see it.
1. Regis and Kelly. Pat Sajak is guest cohost, and John Goodman and Jillian Harris, the new Bachelorette are the guests. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Bonneville. A widow is at odds with her stepdaughter over what to do with her husband’s ashes, and not ready to let go yet and takes off across the country with her best friends. 12:00 PM CT Showtime 2 West
3. The Happening. Mark Wahlberg stars as a high school sceience teacher escaping an illness that is attacking the popular of the country along with his wife, John Leguizamo, and Leguizamo’s daughter. 12:30 PM CT Cinemax West
4. Definitely, Maybe. Abigail Breslin and Ryan Reynolds star in this movie of a young girl who tries to figure out the mystery of which of the big loves of her dad’s life her mom was, on the eve of her parents’ divorce. This movie defines romantic comedy, although they prefer to call it a romantic mystery. 5:15 PM CT WMax
5. I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! It’s back! 10 celebrities, with that term celebrities being used very lightly, This includes Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag, Janice Dickinson, Sanjaya Malakar, Stephen Baldwin, and Patti Blagojevich. 7:00 PM CT NBC
6. The Bachelorette. Jillian has an alone date rappelling down a hotel with one guy, drives another in a Ferrari, and takes eleven others to a movie set to go to a wrap party for a Western. Two guys will have a big showdown just before the rose ceremony. 7:00 PM CT ABC
6. Intervention. Alcoholism is on the menu tonight. 8:00 PM CT A&E
7. Jon & Kate Plus 8. II’ve resisted including this show on this list until now, but here goes. The kids get together with a professional baker to create something for Kate’s birthday. Doesn’t it just seem so fake after reading all the headlines about them? 8:00 PM CT TLC
8. Jon & Kate Plus 8. Jon stays home with the kids (and just who else was he with?), while Kate and Mady take a relaxing trip to San Diego 8:00 PM CT TLC
9. Medium. In this late-coming season ender, Allison has her biggest nightmare of a vision yet, that her family’s massacred, and she’s comforted by a man she doesn’t know. When he then shows up in her real life, it’s when the troubles really begin. 9:00 PM CT NBC
10. Here Come the Newlyweds. Dr. Ruth Westheimer gives relationship tips on tonight’s show. I’ve missed her! For the challenges, the wives will need to ID their husbands by their physical attributes and the couples will also need to fill jars with the most insects by hand. What does that have to do with being a newlywed? 9:00 PM CT ABC
11. 4th and Long. Hall of Famer Tony Dorsett makes an appearance to give a pep talk to the athletes before a full pads, 11 on 11 game. Jerry Jones makes an appearance as well. 9:00 PM CT Spike TV
12. Obsessed. On tonight’s show, a woman is bothered by terrible thoughts, and another woman has panic attacks about her family’s hands. 9:00 PM CT A&E
13. Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien. On his maiden voyage with this earlier time slot, Conan has Will Ferrell and Pearl Jam as guests. 10:35 PM CT NBC