Good spelling runs in the family here. I did well at a district spelling bee (not that you’d know it from my horrendous typos), and my son was in two district spelling bees, the second time coming pretty close to the end. HIs first was when he was in just 3rd grade. Although, spellcheck on computers seems to have made me forget how to spell on my own. Or is that just old age?
1. Regis and Kelly. Jeff Daniels is on the show, and I don’t care what roles he does; I will always think of him as Flap. Also on is Danny Gokey. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. George of the Jungle. I like this live action version with Brendan Fraser even butter than the cartoon. Will we be able to say the same thing for Land of the Lost, that it’s better than the cheesy version we watched in the 70s? 12:00 PM CT TBS
3. Back to the Future Part II. It’s the better of the two sequels depending on your preference, futuristic or Old West. I like the futuristic and how they depict life to be in the future. I could get used to tooling around on hoverboards. 1:50 PM CT Starz Kids & Family
4. 6. 2001: A Space Odyssey. And if you like futuristic, It’s eve more interesting now in 2009 to look back at what Stanley Kubric thought our life would be like not now, but eight years ago. 2:20 PM CT Encore Drama
5, National Spelling Bee. From Washington, D.C., we begin the night with a record 293 kids from 9 to 15 years of age. 7:00 PM CT ABC
6. So You Think You Can Dance. Auditions continue as we move on to Los Angeles and Seattle. The nice thing about it? This is the last night for auditions. Next week we start the Las Vegas callbacks … already. 7:00 PM Fox
7. NBA Playoff: Game 5: Magic at Cavaliers. Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals series. 7:30 PM CT TNT
8. Grease. This and Saturday Night Fever helped John Travolta make the switch from sitcom actor to film actor in the 1970s. 7:30 PM CT VH1
9. Crime 360. It appears to be the rest of a robbery after a man is found shot to death by an abandoned building, yet the detectives also find the man lived far away from the area his body was found. 9:00 PM CT A&E.
10. Bridget’s Sexiest Beaches. Bridget explores Arenal, Costa Rica. 9:00 PM CT Travel
11. Southern Belles: Louisville. Julie’s 35th birthday bring on worries of her biological clock, She and her dad consider different wedding dates despite her not being engaged, Kelly, twice-divorced, wants to go into business as a matchmaker, Emily knows her parents won’t like her job offer, and Hadley regrets the feelings she shared with Sterling. 9:00 PM Soapnet
12. Bridget’s Sexiest Beaches.In this second half hour, it’s paddleboarding and key lime pie for Bridget in Key West. 9:30 PM CT Travel
13. The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. Andy Samberg and Lionel Ritchie guest, as well as Kris Allen, hot off his surprise win last night on American Idol. 10:35 PM CT NBC
Photo courtesy of bhamnews.com