Let’s see if Nigel Lythgoe can help himself not put his foot in his mouth. A lot of furor broke out last week over the male ballroom couple and Nigel’s comments. GLAAD was on the case, asking people to call and email Fox and Nigel. He kept up his stance that he said nothing wrong, saying he’s not homophobic, but likes men dancing with women. He later apologized for his remarks. This was all recorded months ago, but do you think producers combed over his comments for tonight’s show looking for any offending remarks?
1. Regis and Kelly. The guest today is Adam Lambert, the guy some are still ticked about not winning American Idol. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Fool’s Gold. Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson star in this romantic comedy set in the Florida Keys. Hank Yuloff explains why you’re doing well to see it on cable, rather than at the theater in his review. 11:00 AM CT CInemax West
3. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Disney piece starring Rick Moranis as a dad whose invention accidentally shrinks his kids. It’s also a great attraction at Disney World. My son was scared to death when he was little. 1:00 PM CT Hallmark Movies.
4. Weekend at Bernie’s. Yeah, it’s silly, but sometimes you just have to laugh your ass off, and this is the movie to do it with plenty of sight gags and slapstick. 2:30 PM CT HBO East
5. George Strait: ACM Artist of the Decade All Star Concert. Strait’s peers honor him as the artist of the decade, and sing some of his hits. Performers include Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Brooks and Dunn, Sugarland, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Toby Keith, LeAnn Rimes, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Jamie Foxx, Lee Ann Womack, Dierks Bentley, John Rich, and Jamey Johnson. 7:00 PM CT CBS
6. Law & Order: Criminal Intent. A gala is interrupted by the news that stock are plummeting, and amidst allegations that the financial executive is committing fraud, he ends up stabbed. 7:00 PM CT NBC
7. Wipeout. Yea! It’s back! It’s the second season premier of a favorite from last summer. It’s a lot of silly fun to watch people fall and wipe out like that. Kind of goes along with Weekend at Bernie’s. 7:00 PM CT ABC
8. So You Think You Can Dance. Auditions continue, this time in Miami and Memphis. 7:00 PM CT Fox
9. The Goode Family. This series premiere is an animated comedy about a PC vegan family who have good intentions that don’t go well. The daughter gets tired of her mother trying to talk to her about sex and joins an abstinence group while the adopted son wants to learn to drive when he turns 16. 8:00 PM CT Abc
10. NBA Playoff: Game 5: Nuggets at Lakers. It’s gave 5 of the Western Conference finals series. 8:00 PM CT ESPN
11. The Unusuals. A wealthy business man goes missing when Shraeger and Walsh are supposed to e protecting him. $10 million ransom is demanded for his safe return. Banks and Delahoy search for an older man on a crime spree. 9:00 PM CT ABC
12. Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns. It’s the season premiere with Will and Sasha trying to keep Brianna and Joaquin from being adopted. Brown thinks the frat boys in the neighborhood are growing pot. 9:00 PM CT TBS
13. Tattoo Highway. Another series premiere. This one has a tattoo artist taking his art on the road. He stops in Las VEgas tonight to ink a woman with a phoenix and visits Boo-Yaa Tribe Tattoos. 9:00 PM CT A&E
14. The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. We continue our good by with guests Wandy Sykes and Sarah McLachlan. 10:35 PM CT NBC
Photo courtesy of Fox