Hope you’re having good weather for your picnic. Here it’s chilly and overcast. If you’re forced to stay in today, we have a special movie marathon on Turner Classic Movies featuring war movies throughout the day. I featured The Dirty Dozen, but be sure to also catch Men of the FIghting Lady, The Devil’s Brigade, Kelly’s Heroes, and a special collection of movies about WWI. And if that marathon isn’t your cup of tea, try the Land of the Lost on Sci Fi. My son can’t believe what used to pass for special effects.
1. Land of the Lost. Before the Wil Ferrell movie comes out next month, catch up with today’s marathon of old episodes of this really corny show. I just put it on and that animation is unreal. It looks like something some kid did for his middle school social studies project. 11:00 AM CT Sci Fi
2. Summer School. Memorial Day means school is almost out for the summer. If you have to do the Summer School thing either to catch back up again or to get ahead, you might want to watch this funny movie with Mark Harmon. 11:45 AM CT WMax
3. The Bonnie Hunt Show. Bonnie’s guests are Hank Azaria currently appearing in the Night at the Museum sequel, Mary McCormack currently starring in In Plain Sight, and Chef Charles Mattocks. Syndicated, check local listings.
4. Delta Farce. Comedy about three guys in the Army reserves that mistake the Mexican desert for Iraq, starring Larry the Cable Guy. 12:00 PM CT Showtime Comedy East
5. The Dirty Dozen. GI convicts on a suicidal mission during WWII, starring Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson, George Kennedy, Donald Sutherland, and Telly Savalas. 1:45 PM Turner Classic Movies.
6. Patton. George C. Scott stars as the title character in what is quite possibly my husband’s favorite war movie. 3:00 PM CT AMC
7. Dateline NBC. As an adult son becomes a suspect in a couple’s murder, the relationship between himself and his father is explored. Also featured is the death of a woman who had been involved in an abusive relationship. 7:00 PM CT NBC
8. The Bachelorette. Jillian has a one-on-one date to the House of Blues where they meet Martina McBride, and has another in a bank vault. Well, that’s odd. The group dates will be at Venice Beach, playing basketball with the Harlem Globetrotters, and a pool party. Sixteen will be left after the show when the men get to vote on someone they’d like to see go, but we know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything after last season’s Bachelor when that woman ended up staying. 7:00 PM CT ABC
9. National Geographic Bee. Students in grades 4-8 compete for scholarhip money. Alex Trebek hosts. 7:00 PM CT PBS
10. Intervention. It’s the season premiere with heroin addiction as the topic. 8:00 PM CT A&E
11. Larry King Live. It’s part two of the American Idol finalists and Paula Abdul, with Ryan Seacrest filling in for Larry. 8:00 PM CT CNN
12. NBA Playoff: Game 4: Lakers at Nuggets. Game 4 of the Western Conference final series. 8:00 PM CT ESPN
13. Medium. An eccentric bank teller who also has visions occupies Allison’s visions. Joe gets a new job in San Diego. 9:00 PM CT NBC
14. Here Come the Newlyweds. This season premiere introduces nine couples with a paintball game which has the losers cooking breakfast. Other challenges include first impressions and blindfolded husbands following their wives’ directions. 9:00 PM CT ABC
15. 4th and Long. Ball-handling and takeaway skills will be learned by the potential rookies tonight. 9:00 PM CT Spike TV
15. Obsessed. Series premier that will show people suffering through anxiety disorders. Tonight starts with two people that suffer from OCD. 9:00 PM CT A&E
16. Tonight Show With Jay Leno. Leno begins his weeklong goodbye with special guests on all week. Tonight’s guests are Mel Gibson and Lyle Lovett. 10:35 PM CT NBC