Yes, I do think I can dance, but only after I’ve had a few cocktails … okay, many cocktails. This premieres tonight with its fifth season, and what’s even better is that we’ll get the sixth season in the fall instead of waiting until next summer. It’s kind of like having two vacations in a year. After you get done with the first one, you don’t have to be sad thinking it will be another whole year. You have another one waiting on deck.
1. Regis and Kelly. Susan Sarandon guests, hopefully talking about her stint in the MotherLover video on SNL a few weeks back, as well as the DWTS finalists. I assume since Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas were on yesterday, this means the other four people that didn’t win. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Footloose. Kevin Bacon stars as a guy that moves to small town and has a hard time fitting in. After Zac Efron dropped out of the remake, now Chace Crawford of Gossip Girl is in his place, and filming is expected to start next year. 12:05 PM CT @Max
4. Mad Money. Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah, and Katie Holmes star in this movie as women who devise a plan to steal from the Federal Reserve bank from the inside. Did you see Queen last night on American Idol. I liked her better there than in the movie. Find out why in my review of the film. 1:00 PM CT Starz Comedy
3. The Bonnie Hunt Show. Guests include John McEnroe, Jennette McCurdy, and The Bachelorette host Chris Harrison. Syndicated, check local listings.
4. Ugly Betty. The season finale has Betty’s moving plans interrupted by a visit from Henry. Wilhelmina uses the dysfunction of the Hartley family to renew her rivalry with Claire. Marc and Betty are both Mode job opening candidates, while Justin wants to be accepted at a performing arts school. This show was on ABC’s bubble, but it’s been renewed for next year, but moved to Friday. 7:00 PM CT ABC
5. So You Think You Can Dance. It’s the season premiere of this dancing show, meaning a whole new season with Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, and the rest. 7:00 PM Fox
6. Get Smart. Something to take the place of new episodes of the Office tonight. I think the part of Maxwell Smart was made for a remake by Steve Carell. Anne Hathaway, Alan Arkin, and Dwayne Johnson join him. Find out more at Film Monthly. 7:00 PM CT HBO2 East
7. Dan In Real Life. Here’s more Steve Carell! He stars as widower who brings his daughters to his parents’ house for a family celebration, then falls for an unexpected person. Find out why I don’t want Dan’s life either in my review. 8:00 PM Starz
8. Southland. Already? It’s the season finale, after what … half a dozen episodes? Marta’s Avenue gang member shows up dead outside of Dodger Stadium, Lydia brings Janilla into her home to protect her, and Salinger is stressed over the relationship with him and his daughter. 9:00 PM CT NBC
10. Crime 360. It’s the second season premiere, as detectives take care of a missing person case that could end up being a murder, as a witness makes claims to having seen the person being beaten. 9:00 PM CT A&E.
11 The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. Andy Samberg and Lionel Ritchie guest, as well as Kris Allen, hot off his surprise win last night on American Idol. 10:35 PM CT NBC
12. Street Customs. A 1958 Chevy Nomad is customized for Rusty Wallace. 9:00 PM CT TLC
13. Bridget’s Sexiest Beaches. Bridget is down in Miami exploring the beaches, as well as the nightlife scene.. 9:00 PM CT Travel
14. Southern Belles: Louisville. It’s the series premiere of this show that follows Southern women at turning points in their lives. 9:00 PM Soapnet
15. Bridget’s Sexiest Beaches.In this second half hour, Bridget moves on to Costa Rica’s Central Pacific cost, stopping at Jaco Beach, with another big nightlife scene. 9:30 PM CT Travel
Photo courtesy of tv.yahoo.com