No matter how the American Idol contest ends up tonight, it’ll be a terrific season with a deserving winner. Adam Lambert has been stunning since the get go, and Kris Allen has found his way, starting with no early exposure on the show, and doubting that he belonged, and now being in the final 2 and told he by Simon he 100% deserves to be there. They’re both deserving of the title, even though we all have our favorites. Looking at the pic to the left, have you ever seen a better-looking final 2? Don’t forget Ryan Seacrest’s warning to set your VCR or DVR longer, as they do expect the show to go over.
1. Regis and Kelly. Ricky Gervais guests, as well as the surprising winners of Dancing With the Stars, Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. 27 Dresses. Katherine Heigl follows up her success in Knocked Up, this time living out the adage “Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.” 12:00 PM CT HBO2 West.
3. Charlie’s Angels. Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, and Lucy Liu copy the roles created in the 70s TV show. It’s more different than the same, other than in basic storyline, but it’s still a good time. 1:00 PM CT HBO Signature East.
4. Rachael Ray. TV chefs Bobbly flay, Rocco DiSpirito, and Adam Perry Lang help with some summer entertaining tips, as well as a fried chicken recipe. I’m guessing Rocco didn’t share that recipe with the folks on The Biggest Loser when he made a guest appearance. 2:00 PM CT CBS
5. The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Ellen’s guests are Ben Stiller, David Cook, (how apropos on the anniversary of his own American Idol win), and six of the contestants form So You Think You Can Dance. I wonder if this is for the show starting this week, as we don’t want it ruined who makes it through the auditions. Maybe they’re past contestants? Syndicated, check local listings.
6. New Adventures of Old Christine. It’s the season ender as Christine and Papa Jeff getting that old familiar feeling for one another at Richard’s wedding, but then Christine finds out some astonishing news. Scott Bakula guest stars. 7:00 PM CT CBS
7. Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Goren and Earnes go after a man while killed his own brother not being able to deal with his past and the mysterious death of their mother. 7:00 PM CT CBS
8. PIrates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. This sequel has Jack Sparrow scheming to get out debt rather than give up his soul to Dave Jones. Read why Hank Yuloff enjoyed it, even if he did feel it went a little long. 7:00 PM CT ABC
9. Take the Lead. Fact-based movie that’s giving me a real hard time imagining in my head Antonio Banderas being a dance teacher. I’ll be working on that one the rest of the day. Sure, he can dance, but I still can’t wrap my head around it. 7:00 PM CT CW
10. American Idol. This is what we’ve been working up to all season. We’ll have lots of exciting guests, I’m sure, before we find out whether the winner is Adam Lambert or Kris Allen. Don’t forget to push out that time on the VCR or DVR. 7:00 PM CT Fox
11. Gary Unmarried. It’s the season finale that has Gary and Allison in the bedroom together … again … and again. 7:30 PM CT CBS
14. NBA Playoff: Game 1: Magic at Cavaliers. Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final series. 7:30 PM CT TNT
15. Criminal Minds. The first of two parts with the team hunting for a Detroit serial killer who goes after those on the fringe of society. 8:00 PM CT CBS
16. From Justin to Kelly. And what could be better than this tonight? The movie that nearly killed Kelly Clarkson’s career before it started. Thank God there was never a From Clay to Ruben, From Diana to Fantasia, From Bo to Carrie, From Katherine to Taylor, From Blake to Jordin, or From David to David. 8:00 PM CT Fuse
17. Criminal Minds. It’s the conclusion of what we started an hour ago, and also the season finale. This takes the team into Canada searching for the killer, as an agent’s life is in endangered. 8:00 PM CT CBS
18. Law & Order. When three homeless men are murdered, it’s thought to be the work of a serial killer, but the detectives wonder if a copycat killer is also involved when they find one of the victims wearing a pair of roller skates. Apparently he missed out on All Skate. 9:00 PM CT NBC
19. Jimmy Kimmel Live. Apparently Jimmy gets his guests from the people that perform on the daytime talk shows. His guests are Ben Stiller, who was on Ellen today, No Doubt, who was on Ellen yesterday, and Shawn Johnson, who was on Regis and Kelly this morning. 12:06 AM ABC
Photo courtesy of Fox