We have so many season finales tonight, I’m wondering what we’re going to do next Thursday. And one of the few that isn’t ending tonight, Survivor, ends on Sunday. This means, not including cable, that next week, we’ll only be left with Southland and Ugly Betty. And there’s only one thing that starts next Thursday, So You Think You Can Dance. What are we going to have over the rest of the dial?
1. Regis and Kelly. We continue “winner’s week” with the winner of America’s Next Top Model that just wrapped up last night, along with Jeff Probst to talk about this weekend’s finale of Survivor. Syndicated, check local listings.
2. Fracture. Anthony Hopkins is superb as usual in this as a guy who murders his adulterous wife in cold blood, then dares her lover, the lead detective on the scene, to prove he did it. 10:30 AM Cinemax East
3. The Last Mimzy. A kids’ sci-fi fantasy film with a brother and sister that find a toy and a stuffed animal from the future, and the toy begins to make this normally gifted boy much more so, while the stuffed animal gives directions to the little girl. Timothy Hutton, Joely Richardson, and Rainn Wilson star. 11:00 AM CT HBO Family East
4. The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Guests today are Anderson Cooper, as Ellen tries to make him dance yet again, as well as our original American Idol, Kelly Clarkson. Syndicated, check local listings.
5. Survivor: Tocantins – The Brazilian Highlands. Erinn looked to be a serious contender for the end, she says something stupid that might screw it up for her, and Coach tries to rally his troops … meaning only himself … and those little men from Peru. 7:00 PM CT CBS
6. My Name Is Earl. It’s the season finale as Earl tries to find young Dodge’s real dad. Norm MacDonald guest stars. 7:00 PM CT NBC
7. Ugly Betty. Matt works with Marc and Betty on an photo shoot with Adele, but his behavior becomes worrisome. Betty gets a request from Matt’s mother, Claire and Wilhelmina position themselves accordingly at the magazine, and there will be not one, but two wedding proposals. 7:00 PM CT ABC
8. Smallville. It’s another season finale as Clark shows hesitation in killing Doomsday, so Oliver take over, Chloe is caught in the middle, and Lois and Tess have a fight, which offers a surprising turn. 7:00 PM CT CW
9. Bones. Another season finale, I’m sounding like a broken record. Motley Crue appears as themselves performing at a nightclub where a murder occurs, and it makes suspects out of the whole Jeffersonian team, as they work to clear themselves. Guest stars include Eric Millegan, Brendan Fehr, and Ryan O’Neal who clearly has too many other things going on in his life right now. 7:00 PM Fox
10. Parks and Recreation. Guess what this is? Right! A Season finale! Leslie wants to impress a Pawnee higher-up, while everyone else goes to Andy’s first gig since he broke his legs. 7:30 PM CT NBC
11. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Hey! Another season finale! The CSI investigate murders that are linked to a rare poke chip scam. I’m not kidding; that’s what it says. Ray has to use lethal means for the first time. 8:00 PM CT CBS
12. The Office. Wow! Another season finale! The staffers have the annual company picnic, and Michael and Holly get back together. The Scranton branch tries to “outwit, outplay, and outlast their” their competition in at volleyball. 8:00 PM CT NBC
13. Grey’s Anatomy. Sigh. This season finale has Izzie deciding wether to undergo cancer surgery, Mark deciding to move forward with Lexie, Bailey finding out about her pediatric fellowship, George with an announcement, and Owen reassessing. The doctors all work together after a car accident. 8:00 PM CT ABC
14. Supernatural. And here we have another season finale as Sam and Dean get ready to fight Lucifer in the apocalypse. Sam and Ruby try to kill Lilith. 8:00 PM CT CW
15. Hell’s Kitchen. Hey! It’s another season finale! The final two enter into their last dinner service. The winner at the end will get the head chef job at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City. I could use a spa trip right now. Just sayin’. 8:00 PM CT Fox
16. 30 Rock. You betcha! It’s another season ender. Jack tries to meet up with his biological father, but his father is ailing. Liz becomes famous as a relationship expert. Sheryl Crow, Mary J. Blige, Elvis Costello, Clay Aiken, and Adam Levine of Maroon 5 will make appearances, and Alan Alda guest stars 8:31 PM T NBC
17. CSI: NY. Here we go again. This is also wrapping up tonight. A publishing mogul’s son will be kidnapped while being escorted from prison to court. One of the CSIs will be killed in the ambush and another will be seriously wounded. 9:01 PM CBS
18. Southland. Hey! This isn’t ending tonight! Ben has a personal interest in a run of home invasions in Bel Air by jewelry thieves, as a friend becomes one of the victims. Bryant brings Janilla into his home to keep tabs on her until the trial gets underway. 9:00 PM CT NBC
19. Street Customs. This isn’t ending; it’s starting a new season! I had to look hard to find it though. Paris Hilton gets a pink Betley customized by Ryan, and Even Seinfeld stops by with his Escalade and Smart Car. 9:02 PM CT ABC
Photo courtesy of tv.yahoo.com