If you’ll indulge me for a few seconds, it’s my son’s 16th birthday today, and being that I have brought my love of TV and movies to him, I thought I’d use this as a special way to wish him a happy one. I dug pretty deep into the movie wells today to find movies that always remind me of him. After celebrating his birthday tonight, we’ll be watching the American Idol results show. Is it Lil’s time to go finally? I don’t think she gets it.
1. The Kid. My son always liked this one and the 8 year old always reminded me of him a tad bit. Bruce Willis stars as a successful man who doesn’t realize he is unhappy until he meets up with his 8-year-old self and realizes where it all went wrong. At some point I think we could all use that insight, whether it “went wrong” or not. 12:00 PM CT Encore West
2. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. My son likes to think he’s Ferris. In fact, he thought he would get a computer for his 16th birthday like Ferris. Not in this economy. My son is probably the only person I know that would actually get on a float in a parade and do this, though. 4:30 PM CT HBO Signature East.
3. The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The youngsters will be all atwitter with today’s show with both Zac Efron and Demi Lovato on. John Garcia appears as well. 3:00 PM CT NBC
4. Scrubs. In a unique seaside ceremony, the Janitor and Lady get married. 7:00 PM CT ABC
5. America’s Next Top Model. Ciara shows up at the models’ apartment, then has them join her on stage during a photo shoot. At the panel tonight, the models will learn where the overseas location will be this season. 7:00 PM CT CW
6. Bones. An engaged woman’s body is found in a bundle of cardboard at a recycling facility, requiring Brennan and Booth to use a cell phone dating service’s records to research suspects from what was a long list of suitors. Sweets’ girlfriend is seen shopping for wedding dresses. 7:00 PM CT Fox
7. Better Off Ted. Linda gets accidentally takes an experimental drug that has her experiencing bursts of energy and other side effects. While trying to help Rose with a school fundraiser, Ted and Veronica work on outdoing each other. 7:30 PM CT ABC
8. Lost. Ben arouses concern that the hostiles have gotten into Dharma again when he is abducted from the infirmary. Hurley and a reluctant Miles get together to deliver a package to a bigwig in Dharma. 8:00 PM CT ABC
9. American Idol. Jennifer Hudson comes back to perform for the Idols, though it was actually recorded weeks ago, and Miley Cyrus performs as well before we trim our competition down to just six Idols. 8:00 PM CT Fox
10. CSI: NY. The CSIs investigate after a newspaper magnate claims he was attacked by a man in his office on the 52nd floor, causing the man to crash through the window where he fell to his death. Yet, the body is gone by the time the CSIs arrive on the scene. 9:00 PM CT CBS
11. The Unusuals. Walsh and Shraeger uncover the reason behind a notorious criminal family going on a crime spree. Shraeger looks into his partner’s past after hearing he was once a dirty cop, and Cole’s old partner shows up. 9:02 PM CT ABC
12. 88 Minutes. The 16-year-old took a couple of guys to see this movie for his 15th birthday. We all liked it, despite it’s bad reviews for the movie and for Al Pacino. 9:50 PM CT Starz
Happy Birthday, Mike! To me you’ll always be that little guy stuffing cake in his mouth!