Tonight’s theme on American Idol is songs from the movies, and I couldn’t be happier, having a huge fascination with movie soundtracks. The best ever is GoodFellas, as you can see the movie play out through the songs. When you hear Layla play, you can just imagine the body hanging in the back of the refrigerated truck. It’s brilliant. I’m guessing no one will take that one on tonight, though, being an instrumental. Just a guess.
1. Oprah Winfrey. Carrie Underwood alert. She makes an appearance here along with other big names in country music, such as Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, and Darius Rucker. Syndicated check local listings.
2. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Speaking from experience, getting together with girlfriends from my childhood is the bestest thing. The ladies here show us why. They’ll support you like no one else, but they’ll also put you in your place, just as quickly. 11:45 AM WMax
3. Bonnie Hunt Show. Cloris Leachman makes a return appearance, guesting along with Johnny Galecki and Dennis DeYoung. Cloris was spot on her first appearance, at the beginning of her time on DWTS. Syndicated, local listings.
4. There’s Something About Mary. There’s also something about hair gel. 4:00 PM CT FX
5. The Biggest Loser: Couples. It’s the makeover show as Tim Gunn, Tabatha Coffey, and Brandon Martinez help out. Someone gets an injury tonight, hindering the workouts.
6. According to Jim. Jim gets the wrong idea when the thinks the owner of a new restaurant, one of his exes, is still in love with him. 7:00 PM CT ABC
7. Reaper. Sam and Morgan are ordered by the Devil to spend time together, but Morgan takes off when it’s time to capture a soul. Ben’s fear of heights gets in the way when Nina wants to take him flying. 7:00 PM CT CW
8. American Idol. It’s songs from the movies tonight, and the best part is that huge American Idol fan Quentin Tarantino is the guest mentor. Let’s hope they don’t run out of time again tonight. 7:00 PM CT Fox
9. According to Jim. Once Cheryl raves on about her male yoga instructor, Jim suddenly wants to take it as well. Through this, they each discover the other’s real interests. 7:30 PM CT ABC
10. Dancing With the Stars. Rascal Flatts sing tonight, on what could be the night Steve-O goes home. I agree with Carrie Ann Inaba that there’s something infectious about him, so will be sad to see him go, yet I do think it might be his time.. 8:00 PM CT ABC
11. 90210. Kelly and Silver are shocked with a visit from Donna Martin. She agrees to design a dress for Diablo Cody, the screenwriter behind Juno. Annie and Dixon revisit his past over spring break, and Ethan, Naomi, and Laim all spend their time volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. Tori Spelling and Diablo Cody guest star. 8:00 PM CT CW
12. Fringe. The rescue mission at a laboratory by an animal rights organization backfires when it releases a beast that seems rooted in mythology with a lion’s body and eagle’s talons. Charlie could be the next victim. 8:01 PM CT Fox
13. Without a Trace. After a billionaire’s son’s plane crashes in a wooded area, he disappears. 9:01 PM CT CBS
14. Cupid. A teen wants help from Trevor in matching up his liberal mom with his Republican sperm donor father. Claire’s free-spirited mom breaks up with her boyfriend and moves in with Claire. 9:02 PM CT ABC
15. Rescue Me. While Tommy waits for his Section 8 hearing, he’s talked into taking an AA sponsor, then picks a fight with Janet’s new boyfriend. The guys are interviewed about 9/11 by a French reporter, and Teddy goes into a funk, still grieving for his brother. Sheila becomes a Big Sister, and Mike buys a bar. MIchael J. Fox continues his multi-episode guest appearance. 9:00 PM CT FX
16. Jimmy Kimmel Live. The latest to be voted out off DWTS makes an appearance, along with Jorge Garcia and MIMS. 12:05 AM CT ABC
Photo courtesy of Fox.