|5. Ricky Jaime, 18, of Miami, FL. He paired with Ryan Ramirez on a lyrical hip hop, a sexy jazz number, and a Sonya Tayeh routine being literally tied together, and a jazz routine about being in a cult of fashion. They were inexplicably in the bottom three again. Although he’s a judges’ favorite, America doesn’t seem to share the assessment.
6. Mitchell Kelly, 20, of Chicago, IL. He couldn’t dance with partner Caitlynn Lawson on doctors orders the first week, then took on contemporary from easy chairs, a samba, and a Mandy Moore piece. After being in the bottom three last week, they were considered the best of the week this time.
7. Caitlynn Lawson, 18, of Moses Lake, WA. She is paired with Mitchell Kelly who wasn’t allowed to dance on doctor’s orders, so danced a contemporary number with Robert Roldan instead in the first week, and with Mithcell has done a contemporary routine from chairs, a samba, and a Mandy Moore routine. They went from bottom three to the top couple in a week. A strong routine and later performance will keep them safe next week.
8. Jess LeProtto, 18, of Little Falls, NJ. He danced with partner Clarice Ordaz on a Broadway number, a contemporary routine, a Broadway-inspired fox trot, and another comtemporary . He was so arrogant in the beginning, but has kept that in check. Mary called him versatile and feels he proved he’s there to stay.
9. Sasha Mallory, 23, of Bakersfield, CA. She is partnered with Alexander Fost, and they took on a Travis Wall routine, the Napoleon and Tabitha hip hop routine about the soldier, another contemporary, and a hip hop. They were panned by Nigel and Mary this week, but the fans still kept them safe, mostly because of Sasha.
10. Melanie Moore, 19, of Marietta, GA. She paired up with Marko Germar on a Travis Wall routine, the Sing with a Swing jazz number, the lyrical hip hop, and a jazz routine. While he’s considered the best contemporary dancer, she’s considered the best female there. They should make final 10 easily, and top four seems very plausible as well.
11. Clarice Ordaz, 19, of Whittier, CA. She partnered up with Jess LeProtto on a jazz routine, a contemporary number, a fox trot, and another contemporary. While his strong personality hurt her the first week, they seem to still be there only because of his strong dancing. She won’t survive long once they’re split up.
12. Ryan Ramirez, 18, of Morgan Hill, CA. She was paired up with Ricky Jaime on a lyrical hip hop, a sexy jazz number, were tied together by Sonya Tayeh, and did a cult of fashion jazz routine. They have been saved three times already, mostly because the judges are such big fans of hers. For whatever reason, the fans don’t seem to agree.
Melanie and Marko are locks for top ten, and Jess and Clarice, and Sasha and Alexander seem to have a good shot as well. That leaves Ryan and Ricky, Caitlynn and Mitchell, and Jordan and Tadd in danger. All of them have been to the bottom three before. They need to be sure they bring their A game, and as Mary pointed out, they can’t even make one little mistake.
Don’t miss a single recap of this show or others. Check out our Facebook page and sign up for the RSS Feeds . Read a daily list of what’s hot on TV at The Reality Shack Blog, entertainment news at Gather, and catch up on my movie reviews and other things by following me on Twitter.