| The winners are Kevin, Kenny, Angelo and Moby. Tim is surprised. Just wait.
Kenny – Gail felt it was well-balanced. Tom thought that despite a lot going on it was quite flavorful.
Angelo wins and says something about setting the presidents. Not sure what that means.
The losers – Stephen, John, Jacqueline, Tim. Tim is now stunned.
Stephen – Tom thought the ribeye was cut too thin and there was no choice other than overcooking it. Ripert thought it was like chicken nuggets. Which I don’t understand. Tom thinks he got caught up in telling his Ohio story.
Despite Tom’s shameful Cheap Trick “Cleveland Rocks” joke – please Tom, leave the bad one-liners to the Masters’ judges – John goes home after Tom describes his dish as one from a “first year pastry student.”
Quickfire hits – Not many, as this is long, but here are some
• Lynne claims to not have tattoos, in reaction to the many inked chefs in past years. But can she rock a hat like Spike?
• Angelo felt like a “ninja” as he cooked. I’m sorry Angelo. … I know this ninja chef. And you are no ninja chef.
• John wanted to “give the judges a piece of who I am.” That could be potentially quite gross.
• Being from the Hudson Valley, I was pulling for Jacqueline’s (I need a nickname for her!) dish. Alas.
• I can’t be sure, but I think Angelo told a diner to “lick your balls.” Or spheres, I guess.
Scenes from this season – Looks like a three-legged race. NASA challenge. Adam Dunn. Nancy Pelosi being awesome – in one clip she mentions her district and local farms. Kevin thinks someone didn’t do an effing thing. Obi-Wan returns. Joe Scarborough. Buzz Aldrin. And maybe somewhere you can find me in there in a background shot.
Don’t miss a single recap of this show or others. Sign up for the RSS Feeds.