Quickfire hits –
• Best exchange of the night – Julie says she was confused between Jody’s chicken and mushrooms, and Eric responds, “Chicken have feet.” HA!
• Maria, not far behind, describing her cooking style as like a duck, “calm on the surface, but underneath the water (paddles with her hands).”
• Maria again about the experience of her opponents, “they were in the kitchen when I was in the parking lot, not inhaling things.”
• Boy, Rick’s background sure looks like it would make a heck of a good Movie of the Week. Dad in jail, substance abuse, ex-wife is his co-worker, etc.
• Did anyone else think they were going to go completely bumper cars with those carts at Whole Foods? BTW – Top Chef: DC is filming now and the Whole Foods they are using is really, really close to my house. Cool.
• Jody at Whole Foods – “Is it possible to take a little taste of bacon?” I say, it is IMpossible to take a little bacon. I challenge anyone to do so.
• Jody on the two stages of cooking on Top Chef altering the flow of things, “It’s like interrupted sex…how can you climax?” You go, Jody!
• Suser cooks with his shoes off – that both impresses and scares me at the same time.
• Anyone else catch Debbie’s eye roll to Rick’s pontificating? Funny.
• Where the hell was Ed O’Neill?
Next Week – The Masters participate in Wedding Wars. Cool.
Don’t miss a single recap of this show or others. Sign up for the RSS Feeds.