MM wins, gives a big “Yes!” and continues to be annoying. I am sure this win, and the $15,000 which went with it, will do wonders to curb his skyrocketing ego.
Elimination – cook high-end meals for Love and the ranchers. Which, by the way, will be the name of the band I put together one day. We learn that Ashley grew up in the middle of the woods. Literally. She’s apparently Nell. Laurine is a culinary MacGyver, thanks to her years of catering. Also, chefs hanging out around the fire leads to Blair Witch jokes and belching.
MM. Pork Gyro with Apple and Fennel Tzatziki – Padma thinks it is not a stretch, Love says no pizzazz. Ho hum.
Laurine – Love could taste the grill, simple but great.
Love gives the win to BryanBot who actually managed to crack a tiny smile.
The losers – Ashley is quite verbal in her well wishing to them. Good for her. Between this and the hair, she is getting out of my doghouse.
Kingpin – They liked the ceviche, but the drink was one of the worst things Tom has had. Kingpin didn’t want to waste the coconut.
Flais is clearly knifed, as he gives the understatement of the season by saying they didn’t like the ceviche. Um, he made the guest judge sick. And if you forgot … TOM SPIT IT OUT!
• Some pretty cool camera shots of the dessert landscape – kudos to the crew.
• Eli thinks it is so hot; it is the surface of Venus. I have a better one, it is so hot, the birds are using potholders to get the worms.
• Ashley has some pretty awesome hair, I think she is either going for the Bride of Frankenstein, or simply a constant bed-head/hat-head look.
• Anyone else catch Hawk being a bit sore-loserish after bombing on the Quickfire? Could be something to watch.
• Flais’ childhood seems like something out of a Dickens novel. He had no TV, no toys, only cooking.
• Here’s where I respect Eli and get jealous all at once – “Is Padma sleeping in the teepees too?” Back off, dude!
• Ron took down a tree for a voodoo ritual. Hopefully, it will help him like it helped Pedro Cerrano.
• Jenn – “Ron is screaming for a sword, don’t know who has one in their knife kit.” Now that would be a knife kit!
• Hawk contradicts me regarding cooking your food and not cooking for the cowboys. He thinks just do what you do best and hope they like it. Perhaps he is right, perhaps he is just
• Padma is wearing a tiny denim vest over her green dress. I can think of no one else who can pull that off.
• Ash thinks he can be a rancher – he likes cows and lassoing things.
• Anyone else notice that Robin constantly yells?
• Ashley calls the ranchers a motley crew with beards growing since their teens. Not this motley crue, or these beards, but still. The amusing thing … I only saw one wacky beard and a bunch of folks who looked like they just came from an office retreat.
• Love on Flais – “I mean, this guy …” Flais was so bad; he made Love lose the use of the English language.
• Extra scene – Kevin is the King of Horseshoes. It seems he had a regulation horseshoe pit growing up. I had a room the size of matchbox, while he had a horseshoe pit.
Next week – Penn and Teller. Of course. Again with the magic, Top Chef? Also, what could be the line of the decade from Padma, “I’ve actually had bulls’ testicles.”
Don’t miss a single recap of this show or others. Sign up for the RSS Feeds.