home Paranormal Paranormal Witness, October 5 – UFOs and Ouija Boards

Paranormal Witness, October 5 – UFOs and Ouija Boards

Do you ever wonder if we are really the only beings here? Tonight’s episode of Syfy’s series Paranormal Witness introduces Trumbull County in Ohio. In 1994, Officer Toby Meloro and former dispatcher Roy Anne Randolph relive their frightening experience as Roy Anne began receiving dispatch calls from concerned citizens who were seeing lights. They described multiple colors but the main description of an object with multi-colored lights hovering was the same. Officer Toby thought maybe it was people who were intoxicated or just an airplane.

They always brush things like this under the rug. It is easier to explain when someone can just say it was an aircraft. Toby said he was used to strange calls with the weather being warmer, but he never expected a UFO. During the show, as Roy Anne and Toby gave interviews, they played the real life dispatcher calls. The first call Roy Anne received was from a calm caller. He said something was coming down on an angle and Roy Anne immediately thought of the air base that is close by.

The caller stated it looked as if there were flames coming out of it, but it was extremely bright. It was hovering, but there was no noise at all. Roy Anne thought it could be anything from an airplane to a weather balloon. She laughed it off until another call came in. This time the next caller stated it had iridescent lights and was not an airplane. Could it be a UFO or maybe a Stealth plane?

Roy Anne said there were not many crackpots in the area of the calls. She finally decided that to clear her conscience, she wanted an officer to check it out. She called Toby, and he was in a donut shop having what else, donuts and coffee. A rather cliché scene, but Toby said it was the only place open; the man needed to eat.

Roy Anne informed Toby that several people were calling in about a bright, hovering object in the sky, or straight to the point, a UFO. Toby grabbed his coffee and headed out to his police car. He thought the calls were from jokesters or drunks, or that people were seeing things. Roy Anne gave him the description over the radio, and he turned onto Sampson Drive where the majority of people were seeing it. He spotted a light in the distance.

Toby continued driving until a panicked man with his dog in tow flagged him down and described an object hovering with blue and green lights. The man said it was huge and that the light covered his entire home. Toby tried to smell his breath as he spoke to the man, but he was neither intoxicated nor acting crazy. He told the man he was on his way to check it out.

Toby spotted it about 100 feet away and caught a glimpse of it. He finally caught up to it, and believed it was a “flying saucer.” The atmosphere is huge and no one really knows what else is out there. When someone does see something, right away they are considered crazy.

Now, Toby is an officer of the law saw this object personally. He approached, and his vehicle shut off completely as the object hovered. He got out of police car and reached for his revolver, then looked up and had to shield his eyes from the bright light. He stood in awe watching this object.

Roy Anne tried to reach Toby on his radio and could not get through; now it was a crisis. When an officer does not answer his radio, there are problems. Toby got on his phone and called Roy Anne on the phone because he could not call in over the radio due to losing power. He told her it was a “flying saucer” hovering over a large wooded area. Roy Anne decided to call the air base. You would think this would be the first thing they would do. She called, but they couldn’t back up these strange claims. (Do they ever see anything?)

Toby said the light covered the entire street plus the wooded area. It was unreal and not an airplane or a helicopter. Toby stared at the object for awhile. When it took off, his car came back on. The siren went off, and he heard Roy Anne on the radio trying to reach him. Toby snapped himself out of it and jumped in his car to try and follow this unidentified flying object.

Toby was overwhelmed, but he wanted to know what this hovering object was. Roy Anne felt it was farfetched and way out of left field. Her station and the dispatch were buzzing with calls. There were officers calling in stating they saw an unidentified flying object with multiple colored lights, which substantiated the claim. Without them, the calls from the general public would have still been considered crazy. Roy Anne called the air base back to verify that the man in the tower did not see anything, and he confirmed he did not.

Roy Anne had multiple departments calling in to state they had a visual of the object. One of the officers climbed a tower and gave a description of what he saw. It was red, yellow, blue and green, and it was hovering. There was no noise, and all Roy Anne could think was please let it be a plane.

Roy Anne still had no idea what it was, but wanted to go and see it on her own. A fellow officer picked her up and they went to go investigate. It took off in a flash. Apparently whatever it was, did not want to be bothered. You can’t blame it really. We are often too quick to judge. But, of course, now everyone denied it and acted like it never happened.

Roy Anne and Toby know what they saw and maybe there are multi colored airplanes that hover? I have never seen one, but then maybe I am not looking in the right places. There is a hint that some people believe there are UFO’s and “little green men” or there would not be a show like “Paranormal Witness.” Toby said he can’t say it wasn’t, but he also can tell you what he saw and what he believes it was: a flying saucer.

The next story featured a couple fascinated with an Ouija board, so much so that they unleashed a wrath in their own home. Lisa, a native Australian, lives in Virginia Beach. Around 2008, she and her son were living with her boyfriend Mike. She discovered the Ouija board. often, people are told not to mess with Ouija boards, because according to some, spirits use them to manipulate.

Then there are the skeptics who just plain state that it could be our subconscious causing the movements. They believe people are pushing the pointer and making it move. Lisa’s son Zac said his mother became dependent on the board for everything. She even asked it when she would become pregnant again.

Lisa decided to ask the board if there was a friendly spirit in the house for them to communicate with, and the pointer went right to NO. The pointer moved to the numbers and began a countdown. It started at 10 and went down. Lisa and Mike were taken back by the quick response and strange things started happening. She should have gotten rid of the board right then, but instead put it in a closet in her home. They had contacted a hostile spirit.

In July 2009, Lisa had another baby. In the Spring of 2010 the madness began. Whatever Lisa and Mike released was now full force and really ticked off. One day while Lisa was in the kitchen, she began to hear footsteps footsteps. She thought it was her son Zac. She called for him and there was no answer. She realized now she was alone in the house.

Lisa went upstairs and the air felt heavy. The house itself felt different to the entire family. Lisa walked into her baby’s room and the closet doors flew open. Lisa slowly walked over to the doors and closed them. Mike came home and was trying to sit and relax with her. She had had quite a lot happen to her. Her shirt was pulled, and there were unexplained footsteps in her house all day. Her closet doors couldn’t to stay closed.

Mike grabbed a plate with a slice of pizza. Just as he was about to sit down, the plate flew out of his hands. He and Lisa were officially scared and wondered what they released in their home. Mike was having trouble sleeping at night because of the constant whispering, and Lisa’s son could barely get up the stairs to his own room due to the heavy air and feeling of doom.

There was a cold chill coming down the stairs constantly. Lisa went to bed and woke up feeling like her leg was on fire, There was a six inch scratch on her leg. The baby caused her to jump up when he let out a blood-curdling scream. Lisa ran to his room to find the him screaming and pointing at the open closet. She closed the doors again and tried to tie them shut, but the doors were rattling badly.

The next night the same thing happened, the baby screamed and Lisa found the doors open. The stress was taking its toll on the family, but they couldn’t afford to leave. They tried to make the best of it and decide to have a party (always a good idea when your house is possessed, invite more people over). As everyone was sitting in the living room, the toys all started moving around by themselves and turning on.

The crowd was in a hurry to leave. Lisa and Mike did not know what to do. They tried to seek help and finally decided it was time to get rid of the Ouija board (now it’s time, really folks?) Lisa and Mike put the board under water, used a gallon jug to hold it down, fired up the grill, and burned the board. Their lives were calm again. Hopefully they will stay away from Ouija boards. Ouija boards may appear to be just toys, but it is best to leave them alone or use them for a nice Halloween decoration.

Don’t miss next week’s season finale of Paranormal Witness, Wednesday on Syfy at 10/9c. Happy Hauntings everyone.

Don’t miss a single recap of this show or others. Check out our Facebook page and sign up for the RSS Feeds .



Freelance writer, webmaster of realityshack.com, chief editor at applemagazine.com, contribtor to TechLife News and maketecheasier.com, martial arts instructor, and mother of two.