By Cori Linder
Let us all hold hands, close our eyes, and pause in momentary silence to reflect upon what transpired the final minutes of last week’s “The Apprentice.”
Admit it: You, as I did, never thought that Mr. Trump would fire 4 people at one time! Sure, he probably does this all the time in the real world, but the most I thought he would fire on national television was 2!
There’s been much chatter, of course, among the reality TV viewer folk, and here are just a few “possible” reasons (some strange; others not so much) for the surprise dismissal of the 4 candidates:
- Mr. Trump was so disappointed in Excel’s less-than-stellar performance (okay…they basically dug their own grave and buried themselves), that Mr. Trump wanted the “responsible” individuals booted out. Note to reader: I am not inclined to believe this reason, for Mark and James had not contributed to the loss as much as the other two; in fact, they had much potential!
- The decision to fire all 4 was strictly a strategic move for increased ratings.
- Since Jennifer was one of Mr. Trump’s favorite candidates, he didn’t want her to leave; but, when it was so clear the woman HAD to go, Mr. Trump did not want her to leave alone.
- In a future episode, Mr. Trump plans to let one of the teams call back two of the fired contestants.
- The firings made way for Chewbacca’s appearance in next week’s show as a silly kind of filler.
- NBC needed to reduce the number of episodes due to the airing of the Winter Olympics.
Whatever the reason, the end of the show was definitely a shocker! For behind-the-scenes information, check out Hildee’s interview with Mark Lamkin.
Who do you think will be the next Apprentice? I’m betting on Randall. Until next time…